OPK question.

UniqueBeauty

3 beautiful children
Reaction score
O.m.g I am so frustrated. First time using OPKs properly and I am getting so frustrated. They don't seem to be getting any darker! Has anyone else had this then they turn very dark? I have attached a photo. So hoping for a Christmas baby! X

20140226_224236.jpg

They're not going to get darker unless it's time for your ovulation...Here, I'll go get one of my old ones and show you...

Oh, I can't find them. But yes, this is normal. You will either catch the surge, especially if you take them 4-5 times a day, or OPKs might just not work well for you. The surge is not generally gradual, it's really quick--like THE DAY OF.

Thank you, I normally do them 2-3 times a day but I really don't want to miss it! I have no idea when I ovulate but have a 28 day cycle x

This month was my first month using OPK's I started at like cd7 or something, Super early just so I was getting everything in line and making sure my Ovia app was correct. I didn't even start getting a light line until like cd11 then finally got a dark positive cd16 and it stayed positive until cd18.

you might just be ovulating later that usual, are you taking them at the same time or around the same time everyday? Also you're not supposed to drink 2 hours before taking one and I've heard its better to hold your pee for 4 hours if you can.

Are you doing any other kind of charting like BBT or checking CM? I'd do those too just in case. :)

20140227_122323.jpg
:hi: I use Ovia and Fertility friend to track everything, I don't temp though. I hold me pee for a minimum of 3 hours, I'll attach a photo of my 12pm test from today. I test at different times but only by a couple of hours x

Mine tend to fluctuate up to ovulation. And then go blindingly positive. Here's my last month. I ovulate late (cd24 last cycle) so there are a lot of them

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q568/lauracostello1988/2D53EFC0-3001-49AE-B7FB-3586A4DCA488_zpsmpmequrm.jpg

Thank you for showing me yours, I have a 28 day cycle so I only have 11 days left of testing. I didn't think I ovulated this late so last month I stopped doing it every other day after cd14. Have you found you ovulate the same time every month? X

I've only tracked one month so no idea yet. I do find my cycles are roughly the same length though.

Also do u use fmu or should you not use this? I'm not sure if I am even ovulation so am doing these religiously this month. I have a cycle varying from 28-36 days and periods can sone times be extremely light

I tested at 12 which seemed like it was gwtting darker, tested at 4:30 and it's back to faint! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->