OPKs and PCOS

persephone13

Mom to DD
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you lovely ladies who also have PCOS have had luck using the OPKs. It says I should start testing in two days(CD10) but I think that will be too early for me. Should I just monitor my temps and cm to see when to start? I really don't know...I'm so confused. Ovufriend says I might start being fertile around CD16. Should I be testing this whole time?

Hi,

I have mild PCOS (regular periods and ovulation) and I have used an OPK. I know that I O between CD 12 - CD 17 so I start testing at CD 10. You might want to check your CM and start testing - I normally have fertile CM for a couple of days before O. They also say to BD even before getting a positive OPK because the surge can be as low as 12 hours. I think mine is normally very short.

Hi,

I have mild PCOS (regular periods and ovulation) and I have used an OPK. I know that I O between CD 12 - CD 17 so I start testing at CD 10. You might want to check your CM and start testing - I normally have fertile CM for a couple of days before O. They also say to BD even before getting a positive OPK because the surge can be as low as 12 hours. I think mine is normally very short.

Ahh okay! I was planning on BDing tonight, skip a day until I test positive then that day and the day after, then skipping a day and then one last time. Hopefully OH is up for it!! Hahaha. He hurt his back on the weekend so I'm hoping it doesn't affect it too much...

That's a great idea - happy BDing! We only did it once this cycle because I first used an OPK on CD 11 which was not quite positive so we BD'd that night and the next night it was already negative with a positive in the afternoon. So I probably had the surge for 12 to 20 hours. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->