OPK's! Never used them, so i need your advice

kafs78

Reaction score
Ladies

My first 2 pregnancies were straight after coming off the Pill, so i have never needed to use Opk's.

Now according to the packet, it says start testing 6 days after the first day of my AF ) which would be Sunday 30 May.

However according to an Ov Calculator on the internet ( AND BASED ON A 28 DAY CYCLE - WHICH I USED TO BE) it says I will OV nearer 4 June.

As i dont know my cycle length this time round, WHEN SHOULD I BE USING THESE KITS?

Is CD01 recorded from first day of bleeding, day after bleeding starts, or day bleeding stops???????:dohh:

CD1 = first day of red blood flow

I start OPK on CD10 and i usually OV around CD14. Use them mid afternoon. WHen i start getting a noticable 2nd line i do more than 1 per day till i get my +ve (2nd line AS dark or DARKER) than control, then go back to 1 per day till lines fade again.

When i am bored i do more coz i am a POAS addict and i buy them in bulk from Amazon lol

Did you have a 28 day cycle on the Pill? Did you ever have a full cycle not being on the Pill or did you get pregnant the same cycle you stopped taking the Pill? The reason I ask is because I had a 28 day cycle while on the Pill. Once I went off, my cycle was much longer. It is usually a 35 - 40 day cycle now. In the beginning, I was using OPK's based on a 28 day cycle and was missing my LH surge entirely. It wasn't until I started temping that I realized I ovulated between CD22 - 28! I was testing around CD14 with OPKs.

That being said, you might still have a 28 day cycle and ovulate around CD14. You might just want to bite the bullet, spend some money and start testing every day from CD8 until you get a positive OPK. You could start from CD6 like the packet says, but I doubt you would get a positive that early. It is possible though.

Kind of hard to give you an exact date to test. Especially because your first period after your mc can be wacky.

I got preg straight after coming off the pill, so never had a normal AF.

I have 20sticks, so if i start on CD6.. then im sure i should see my peak?

i thought you only tested daily, but do you guys test more than once a day?

Only once i see darker 2nd lines, but like i said, i'm obsessive lol

Not to add more stress, but it is possible to miss your surge if you only test once a day. I usually test 2x a day. Once in the morning, but not with FMU. The second time in the early evening. I only test 2x a day when I know I'm getting close to my Ov day. The only way I've known I'm getting close to my Ov day is because I've charted my temps for enough cycles to see a pattern of when I usually Ov.

Like Deb, I have a "fade in" pattern with OPK's meaning that my line fades in darker and darker until I get a positive. That's another way I know I should be testing 2x a day rather than once.

If you haven't read through this website, it is invaluable for OPK and HPT questions:
https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html

Thanks guys for answering.

I was too impatient ( and curious) and did one today, but it was only the test line that i saw.......... DAMN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->