OPK's vs BBT

Jess.Taylor21

mum and expecting #2
Reaction score
Well i was wondering if you gals could take a look at my chart for me this morning, maybe im just worrying too much (im gd at that!) but my temp has been on a decrease since friday and then this morning it went up a little, i have had negative opks all weekend and my chart is forcasting my O for Wed?! :-/ im starting to worry that im not even O'ing due to my PCOS/ENDO am i just worrying? All of my other recordings look great bar the fact my opks have been negative! got great CM and a gd CP im soooooo confused!!!

Lots of love and baby dust xxxx

Hi i'm new to charting so don't have good advice for you, but have you been taking your temp at the same time each morning, as soon as you wake? Also some people think the cheapy OPK's aren't accurate if that's what you are using?

I take my temp when my OH's alarm goes off for work at 5am everyday and my internal clock wakes me at that time on weekends too, and i use the cheapy OPK's and have found them to be ok. Sorry i can't be any more help to you :)

Hi I wouldn't worry too much yet, just keep POAS on the OPKs...I have been charting for a few months now and find sometimes I worry about something and the next day it all seems better again..thats the way with charting!

Have you been charting properly, i.e. at same time every morning after 3 hours sleep and before you get up?

Yea take temp at 7am every morning after a good nights sleep and then striaght after do my cm and cp checks, just annoying that im forcasted an O on wed and everything seems like its going to be that way but my opks are all neg! :( and they are the clear blue digi ones not cheapy ones!! maybe ill wait a couple more days and then worry again lol just dont wanna miss my chances!! thanks girls xxx

It looks fine to me! You're only on CD9 and that's very early. Your temps look fine to me :) How long are your cycles? xx

25/26 days my cycle is normally! Well I thought it was early but its saying I'm gunna O wednesday! Done 2 opks today and both neg what's a usual cd to O on then? Xxxx

Most folk would ovulate 10-14 days before their next period is due.

If you have a 26 day cycle, it is likely you ovulate sometime between cycle day 12 and 16.......the opk will normally go dark/positive a day or 2 before ovulation, so you may get your first + opk anytime from day 10-16.

I have 26 day cycles and would ovulate day 16/17, getting a positive opk on day 14.

Good luck!:flower:

what ellie said! Luteal phase can be anywhere between <10-17, average being 11-14 days. The only way to know exactly what your LP is, is to chart BBT. Your LP always stays the same but may + - a day sometimes. Also with OPKs, it's normal to go from very negative to very positive the next day, they don't always fade in xx

I dont know anything about charting because I cant catch the hang of it but I can see that you are still really early in your cycle. AND some women get stark negative OPKs and then all of a sudden a positive so I wouldnt worry about that too much.

I wouldnt start to freak out QUITE yet!

also, i've found the clearblue digital OPKs turn positive with VERY little notice. as in, i'd ovulate later in the same day as my positive OPK.

if you are unsure of your cycle, just try to BD every other day leading up to when you might O until you have a better idea of your likely O date in future months. good luck!

Thanks girls this really helped, just confused as to why FF is saying im due to O tomorrow if its too early lol :-/ im CD10 today so tomorrow would be CD11 and it does count out at 14 days before my next due period!? so maybe it is right!? anyways iv been BD'ing alot this weekend infact everyday i think i had a big dip in my temps today too so maybe a gd sign :D take a look at my chart and see what you think xx

It's probably saying that because you have recorded a lot of watery CM. It won't give you crosshairs until you have 3 temp rises so it won't matter when they give you an expected ovulation date really.. sometimes it's way off! Not everyone has a 14 day LP either, it can be anywhere between <10-17 days xx

Thanks Taylor you've been a massive help, i know its cheeky but seens as i'm new to the temping world don't suppose you could take a look every now and then to help me out? i have no idea what its supposed to look like when iv O'd lol so if u could point it out i would be most grateful!

Also today been having slight cramps? could this be the day? xx

Yeah I don't mind! I'll try and help as much as I can. If your cramping it could mean ov is coming up! How are your OPKs? xx

:dust: :dust: :dust:

I believe I told you before not to stress yourself out over O, lol! I know it's hard and easy for me to say since af just ended so I haven't gotten to that yet. But rmbr stress can delay it and then you will be even more anxious. Try to relax, please!

Haha I'm sorry!! I'm trying not to over analyse it but its difficult I almost want my 2ww to come lol!! Bad me *slaps wrist* Taylor my opks are clear blue digi ones so no inbetween its just smiley or no smiley! Xxx

Oh okay! Well how long are your cycles? You may still be early for ovulation as a luteal phase can be anywhere between <10-17 days xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->