OPK'S

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
Hi girls!

Firstly congrats to those that got a BFP so far!! :crib:

Now I just wanted to ask, i have been TTC for a couple of months now &have been using OPK's. Both months I have had a positive OPK... Is this a good enough sign? I mean does this mean I'm functioning properly?

I personally haven't used OPKs yet but I would say that you getting positives on them for the past two months is a very good side. Good luck getting your BFP quickly!!

Hi Angelica!

Positive opks are a good sign - if you are temping as well, a temperature rise following a positive opk shows that you have ovulated.

Good luck getting the BFP!

Poppy I dont understand all this temperature talk??

It's called Body Basal Temperature (basically, it means taking your resting body temperature). You can buy a special thermometer at Boots, or local chemist (not too expensive about £5 - £10).

What you do, is every morning, when you wake, you take your temperature (orally - apparantely you can do it vaginally:shock:as well!). You write down your temperature, some kits come with a little book (so you can join the dots to see how your temperature rises and falls) or you could join a fertility site on the internet like Fertility Friend and it charts it for you (you just stick in the numbers).

Temperatures should look something like this:

After AF - the temperature goes down.
After Ovulation - just after you ovulate, your temperature rises suddenly and obviously. This is due to an increase in progesterone levels in your body. It stays high until the time round about AF being due.
AF - your temperature dips again, gradually going down to pre-ovulation levels.
Pregnant! - If you are pregnant, your temperature will remain high and may even start to increase round about the time your AF is due. They say that if your temperature remains high for more than 14 days post ovulation, then there is a good chance you are preggers!

Hope this helps!

OPK's confuse the bee-geezers out of me!! I'd say temping & CM is THE BEST way to see if you're O'ing. OPK's can be an added bonus to the above mentioned, a way to confirm O-time, but charting is THE BEST! GL and ~*~*~Tons of baby dust!!~*~*~

Whats CM tigger_hunter? Sorry if i sound really stupid but Im new to this game....
Im using an ovulation calendar at the moment and my cycle is usually between 28-30 days so I start testing based on a 28 day cycle...
Both months when I've tested I've had 2 lines (1 faint 1 dark) and then 2 dark the next day...
Should we BD the day I get 2 line (1 faint 1 dark)? or wait until I get 2 dark?

PS- Thanks for that explanation of BBT Poppy... thinking I'll leave that for the moment.. it'll add extra confusion to my already mad life!!

Is stress a major factor when trying to concieve?
I have alot of stress in my life right now & am often in tears....:(

You should certainly try to enjoy TTC :D

Charting looks complicated but it isn't. Simple as sticking a thermometer in you rmouth put some digits in a box and at the end of your first month it all becomes clear :D A simple program available makes it so easy! :D

Hi ladies...

Ok I need some advice re: ovulating/OPK's

My last period was 29/10/07 and my cycle is usually between 29-31 days
I have been testing since um sun and these are my results so far

Sun 11th- negative
Mon 12th- positive
Tue 13th- positive again- I think! (There were 2 lines but DH not home to confirm if both as dark)

And now I am also getting AF type symptoms.. cramps and back ache..

What does this mean?

I am still having lower back pains... WHY???
Its possible that i have always had them but as im ttc i am more conscious of my body... Can i be getting period pains 2 weeks before I'm due??

Angelica...yes, you can. I started getting cramps on 7dpo...and they lasted right up until AF showed up! It really sucks...not sure why I got them but I did.

so basically that means if I dont concieve then i know almost straight away as opposed to the 2ww??

I missed your test post - sorry & nobody else answered.

Were they positive? Have you tested since?

AF pains cramps backache etc is perfectly normal in pregnancy if they were positive???

Hi ladies...

Ok I need some advice re: ovulating/OPK's

My last period was 29/10/07 and my cycle is usually between 29-31 days
I have been testing since um sun and these are my results so far

Sun 11th- negative
Mon 12th- positive
Tue 13th- positive again- I think! (There were 2 lines but DH not home to confirm if both as dark)

And now I am also getting AF type symptoms.. cramps and back ache..

What does this mean?
^ this one about your tests!! :blush:

oh ok! lol
yeah the opk's on 12th/13th were positive and we bd both days and day after!
However since wed 14th I have been getting lower back pains similar to AF pains.... and slight stomach cramps!!
I dont think im pg as i have no other symptoms but why would these pains already be here??

OMG slap me hun!! I totally read the post wrong Im such a dippy!

Pregnancy and body changing can effect us all differently I don't think theres much to prove things for this early but well changes and feelings would make sense wouldn't they if you had concieved.

Sore boobs were my only symptom I didn't even get nausea until a good bit into the second tri so they aren't always the most reliable.

Sorry for my confusion on the tests *ill crawl into my corner lol*

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back