+ opks

podders91

Reaction score
Ive had a positive opk on sat 27th around midday.
I've tested again today around 7:30pm and it's positive. Pregnancy tests done about 3-4 days ago were negative, which was the only reason I did an opk Saturday as I was 3 days "late". I took an opk with the same urine as my pregnancy test when that cane up negative. assumed my ovulation was just late but I'm still getting positive tests. Anyone know why?...

Either you are ovulating twice, you are having an lh surge or you didn't ovulate on the 27th. If you did ovulate on the 27th then you are only 4 dpo so it's not going to be pregnancy.

A Canadian study found that 10% of women ovulate twice in a cycle.

Are you getting any signs of ovulation? Ewcm?

Either you are ovulating twice, you are having an lh surge or you didn't ovulate on the 27th. If you did ovulate on the 27th then you are only 4 dpo so it's not going to be pregnancy.

To explain a little better lol I have had 3 pos opks this cycle. One three weeks ago, then one I took after neg pregnancy test at "14dpo" (or what would have been if I'd o'd then). The second was also positive. And now this one being my third since LMP is also positive. I've had absolutely no symptoms at all other than my pos test... I had cramping on one side at the same time as my very first opk..

To explain a little better lol I have had 3 pos opks this cycle. One three weeks ago, then one I took after neg pregnancy test at "14dpo" (or what would have been if I'd o'd then). The second was also positive. And now this one being my third since LMP is also positive. I've had absolutely no symptoms at all other than my pos test... I had cramping on one side at the same time as my very first opk..

Also realised I put three days late in original post. I was due on a week prior to 27th. I meant the 3rd test was three days later than the one on 27th. I'm confusing myself with all this so god help anyone else lol!!

I'm confused lol! Hmmm have you experienced this kind of thing before? Could be your pcos causing surges or you are preggers I'm which case a sensitive hpt would pick it up. What hpt have you used? I hear superdrug ones are 10miu, if your opk is positive because you are preggers then a test that sensitive will pick it up.

Are you taking anything for your pcos? I'm taking inositol and using 20-1 cream which is progesterone cream with added estrogen. Xx

I'm confused lol! Hmmm have you experienced this kind of thing before? Could be your pcos causing surges or you are preggers I'm which case a sensitive hpt would pick it up. What hpt have you used? I hear superdrug ones are 10miu, if your opk is positive because you are preggers then a test that sensitive will pick it up.

Are you taking anything for your pcos? I'm taking inositol and using 20-1 cream which is progesterone cream with added estrogen. Xx

Argh me too. Confused me so much trying to write the right dates!!

I was using frers and Internet strips. All nothing. For my pcos I was on metformin but decided I was going to try and battle it with life changes instead of medication and im not doing too badly tbh. Clomid for ovulation though as it still stops me from ovulating.

I went to the Dr's yesterday though. Found out that the first positive I got was a LH surge that amounted to nothing and then a week later, my 2nd positive, was my actual ovulation (yayyy!). The third positive was apparently likely to be the remainder of my ovulation surge as I seem to have really long phases of positives after I ovulate.

So bad news. I'm not pregnant.
But the good news is at least I'm ovulating! :)

Yeh very good that you are ovulating. I heard that pcos can give false surges, so I kept an eye on opks last cycle, I did get a bit of surge a week after ovulation but it didn't go positive...I also keep an eye on cM to make sure the positive ties in with ewcm...which it does. That's the problem with pcos, it just leaves you feeling like you don't know what is going on. Women without pcos can get surges aswell and lh levels do fluctuate. Good luck, fingers crossed for you. I'm 3 dpo and hoping the 2ww doesn't take too long. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->