OPKs

Chilli

Very lucky Mum of 2 girls
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if I get postitive OPKs does that mean I definitely OV? It's been buging me!

I would assume so or you are due to.

Good luck x

Thanks, so how do you know if you have an anovulatory cycle?

I found opk with smiley faces completely reliable. Blood tests 7 days later after smiley face always confirmed ovulation. I used another type of ov stick( tescos own I think) and it never showed + but I got pregnant that month. I had 2 anovulatory cycles after a steroid joint injection , both cycles I didn't get smiley faces or cervix changes and the cycles were very short(18-21 days)

Hi Chilli, wish I had more optimistic news but unfortunately a positive opk does not guarantee Ovulation - it only measure the surge of LH which is the trigger for O but not O itself. I'm sure you probably are ovulating, but Iif you want to be sure the easy way of checking things is by charting - you use the opks to predict the surge and a raise in your temp will confirm O in most cases. If no temp rise is noted then it is pretty certain to be annovulatory. Good luck to you I hope that bfp isn't far off. :flower:

Thanks Nise and lucky. I temp as well and do get a rise so I guess that means I do OV. Just been worried recently as Bd all around the right time but still not getting pg. Fell straight away wth first 3 pgs so I guess I've just been lucky in the past... I'm just on a quest for answers and solutions

hey hon - i get constant positive opks due to too much LH - particularly when I dont ov - I gave up and started temping after a year of going stir crazy with opks! Id maybe just go with the temping - have you overlayed your charts to see if you ahve a pre ov dip or pattern?

hi Chilli. What time of year did you conceive in the past? It's just that we're mid-winter now and so there's very little light. I've read that using a light box might improve fertility. Because our hormones are in hibernation mode? I guess we don't know what to believe when we read so much.

I am just sleeping so much and get seasonal affective disorder so have ordered a new light bulb for my light box. If nothing else it definitely gives you loads more energy and lifts your mood. But some folk believe it's the sunlight that causes so many people to get preggers on their holidays.

Is there anything else you are doing differently, diet, lifestyle? I'm having the same problem exactly, quick to conceive in the past, not working now, even with perfect timing and EPO mucus. I go crazy every month convincing myself of every symptom, I even get implantation pain, then the witch comes (today). Fingers crossed for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->