Organising your life

Mrs R

Reaction score
So yes this is a very random and general question to ask but I'm hoping somebody very organised can help me :thumbup:

I want to get things organised. And by things I mean everything (must be the nesting kicking in)

I have two toddlers and a baby on the way and feel I'm going to be very out of my depth with the new baby in terms of keeping on top of shopping, housework, washing etc

I have no set days for anything, shopping, washing etc which I want to get organised. I'd like to be able to meal plan, budget a bit better, have specific days for washing, ironing etc.

I also want to clean out the twins room, sort out their clothes, decorate baby's room, buy a new wardrobe, build and extension lol

So much to do, so little time :wacko:

At the minute, we do a big clean on a Thursday night and that's the height of it. Everything else is just done whenever it needs done and the house is not always as tidy as I would like it. I work 4 days a week and DH works 5 if that makes any difference.

PLease bear in mind the twins have to be entertained whilst all this stuff is being done :dohh:

Please help! Any suggestions welcome

I'm sorry I have no advice :( Didn't want to R+R. I understand how hard it can be with kids, and I only have the one! Good luck. x

Lol, I always feel like this when pregnant...feels like your never going to get it done and its annoying lol.
I would start by doing one room at a time doing a deep clean behind things and buy storage for things. once the whole house is done its a matter of keeping on at it alllll the time :wacko:
When I do a load of washing, I dry it straight away, fold it or iron it straight away (when LO is napping or entertained with something) and put it away, keeps on top of it.

I wipe the bathroom down everyday and pour bleach down loo every night.

hoover and sweep floors everyday and mop every other day.

its a case of if you see it needs doing, do it there and then.

you just get used to doing it all the time & learn the best way for you.

I make sure I do a big clean all through the house on a Friday so me and OH dont end up bickering about the housework all weekend so we can just go out and have fun and not worry about the house.

Thanks, that's great advise (I don't seem to have any common sense at the minute lol)

I've bought myself a project book so when the babies go for a sleep, I'm going to sit down and make some lists. It's a start lol

You could try online shopping, it's a but of a pain the first couple of times but once you have your regular stuff you can just add favourites. Saves going to the supermarket, home delivered at the same time each week if you like and altho they charge delivery it's probably more cost effective because you dont buy all the bits and pieces you do when you walk around the shop :)

Now I just need to take my own advice!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->