Orgasm when pregnant

tl682

Reaction score
Can we orgasm while pregnant, or will this hurt the baby??

It's safe but with me, especially in the third tri it caused my tummy to tighten much like a Braxto hick

:blush: For some reason it just feels more intense which is amazing ...

It's perfectly safe. Some women experience a little cramping afterwards, but it's still ok. And I agree with amless.

I have cramps afterwards, so it always scares me a little, but it is perfectly fine to orgasm.. If not I don't know how I would survive these next few months, LOL

I was very concerned about this because I had one in my sleep (first time ever this happened to me, heard it can happen in pregnancy because of increased blood flow and hormones causing intense dreams. Boy can it ever!) and was worried since.

Its safe unless you are having any spotting or bleeding. I started spotting after an orgasm, freaked me out completely. So I had a scan and they found I had a very small subchorionic hematoma, (a small bleed in the uterus) which is not threatening but I was put on pelvic rest, which means no sex and unfortunatly not even orgasms as it increases blood flow in the uterus. And being on pelvic rest really does suck :(

I had one at 4 weeks then had brown spotting. Haven't dared since!

I did bleed last week afterwards but it was fresh blood.. so I think it was from my cervix. I read that with the increased blood flow and because it gets softer that the cervix is more sensitive. After a few days of holding out we cautiously dtd again and no bleeding/spotting. YAY! :D

:blush: For some reason it just feels more intense which is amazing ...

They DO feel so much more amazing!! It's so crazy and intense!! I LOVE it. I'm so nauseous that I'm barely in the mood ever, but when we do it - it's a thousand times better than it's ever been!

Mmm going to echo the sentiment that orgasms while pregnant feel even MORE amazing and intense. So good.

Relieves stress and boosts immunity too :cloud9:.

Everyone else answered perfectly, go for it unless you have bleeding issues or your doctor advises not to. Being a paranoid person, I was terrified that orgasms would somehow cause me to lose the pregnancy (note to self: stop Google'ing this stuff and seeing random, weird people's comments online!). But it's all good!

Hi ladies, congrats on your bfps!

Ive never had a bfp but when close to af I cramp after orgasm, just wondering if this happens to you now when pregnant, did it also happen to you before bfp?

Just as it happened today so feel out as normally means af is close but could it also mean bfp?

I was told not to have any orgasms in my 1st trimester by my OB, if you need full reassurance just ask your doctor :) they know your medical history better than we do, but on average it's safe.

I read it's actually good for baby! Something to do with increased blood flow and endorphins or something.. And I suppose it doesn't do any harm for mum to be nice and relaxed! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->