Orgasmic birth

marley2580

Reaction score
https://www.orgasmicbirth.com/

The trailer here is really beautiful and there's nothing graphic

Looks fantastic - do you think it works, mind over matter and so on.

Seh, I totally think it works. I think for decades now women have been brainwashed into such a negative view of birth and labor. The power of birth has been taken away from women by the medical community and it is time for women to start taking it back. I think if we were raise to believe that labor was a wonderful, powerful right of passage for a mother to take, there would be such a different view of it. I have opted out of the medical loop in the US, going with a midwife and a planned home birth. I am totally comfortable with my decision and I am really looking forward to my labor. Do I think I am going to have a big O during it, no, but I do know that I will be much more comfortable and happy at home than I ever would be in a hospital. I am not sick, I am just havin' a baby!

Wow! I don't think I could ever do it, but these women are amazing. Kudos.

hmm looks good but don't think i'd have the guts to go it alone lol

ok i'll throw a spanner in the works here....

For me I couldnt stand to watch it.
It was too sexual. To me that just doesnt work. This is birth. It's a baby. It's not sexual....but thats my opinion.

And all that "what if women were taught to enjoy birth..." Well what about "What if women were taught to enjoy tooth extratcion":
Sorry but to me I just dont get it. Cuts and tears hurt. Pain is pain. yes we can mind over matter some of it....but nope, I just cringed and had to switch it off. Seemed all a bit odd ...but thats my opinion.

good luck all in your personal choices.

For me I couldnt stand to watch it.
It was too sexual. To me that just doesnt work. This is birth. It's a baby. It's not sexual....but thats my opinion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, i must admit it made me feel a bit uncomfortable too :blush:

Hmmm not sure if i would feel comfy doing this...? Like people have said, its birth, not sex.
I kind of got the feeling it was to sexual and weird :blush:

I laughed at it lol. It's true that some women do orgasm during giving birth but that's due to the fact of the baby rubbing on the appropriate bits.

Like it has been said, it's giving birth... nothing sexual about it. I would find that extrememly off putting and weird.

That made me cringe! I know it's personal choice, but I didn't like it.

I have to say as well Samantha, that when I gave birth to Kayleigh, it wasn't any sort of brainwashing that made me feel in pain, it was the 25 hours of agonising labour!!!!!:rofl:

Amanda I didn't mean we are brainwashed into believing it is painful, of course it is painful, I mean in the approach to that pain. If women were taught to not fear the pain, to work with their bodies, to let their minds go and allow their body to do it's job, we would have a very different birth culture. I have watched a couple of documentaries of birthing in Russia and in South America, and they have such a different take on birth. They do not have near the negative image that we in America and the UK have. In the Russian film, these women were giving birth in tidal pools in the Black Sea, it was nuts, but beautiful, calm and so natural.

The underlying principle of being able to control your birthing experience and the pain therin is absolutely spot on, but to suggest that you can turn birth into some sort of a sexual or orgasmic experience strikes me as a little weird. I agree with what the above women have said on that note - it weirded me out on that level and struck me as wrong (but that's just my opinion).

I much prefer hypnobirthing - a method of self hypnosos that combines relaxation techniques with understanding how our bodies work during labour and childbirth and how to work with our bodies instead of against them. My mother used this method with her latest child and needed no pain relief whatsoever.

It is possible to have a natural, painfree and enjoyable birth - but to enjoy birth in a sexual way, does strike me as a little odd and the idea makes me a little uneasy.

That was just odd i can understand pain being natural in childbirth and to be calm and let your body take over and make it as enjoyable as you can.....but orgasmic...no.... its wrong in my view its giving birth to your child...who ever can find that orgasmic needs help in my opinion...sorry

I think it is sexual but not in the same way a quickie with your OH is! When it says sexual I think it means in its most purest form, its about life and energy and a positive view of a womans own sexuality. I admit if you think about what they are saying as them talking about sex or orgasming then it may seem odd but I didnt take that from it at all. Its about being a woman and doing what we are all here to do (although some people sadly cant and some choose not to) without all the medical assistance/interference that we have come to accept as necessary and normal.

I am amazing by women who have the courage to have unassisted births and births like the one in the videao and while im not brave enough (not with my first anyway) to do the same I do want a water birth, no pain relief (if i can) and hopefully to be as involved in the delivery of my child as I can be.

if anyone tried pouring water down my back during labour i'd hit them..and i'm not a violent person.

gross im sorry i dont like this sexual element thing.. ick ..
im sure that being calmer and more positive will help you deal with the pain better but the whole sexual orgasm thing freaks me out.. nope not for me thank you

if anyone tried pouring water down my back during labour i'd hit them..and i'm not a violent person.

that was an absolute godsend during my labour and really helped me to get through it without any drugs.

I do believe that positive thinking is the way to go., it really does make a difference. Noit sure I could have an orgasmic birth but each to their own, its their birth experience.

i think it looks great! less stress no doctors fab! PMA ladys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->