Orgasms/sex & miscarriage?

Mummypea

Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this thread I'm relatively new here.

I am so anxious about sex/orgasm causing a miscarriage. Does anyone else have these worries or anything to back it up?

In my first 3 pregnancies I didn't have any bleeding. In my 4th pregnancy I had bleeding, pink, brown and red at 5 weeks after sex and an orgasm, all was fine. In my 5th pregnancy at 5 weeks I started spotting after sex/orgasm and miscarried the next day. I got my BFP on Friday and this evening me and DP dtd & big O, and now I'm worried sick the contractions from the orgasm will have dislodged the baby from the uterine wall. 😞 I just can't stop worrying something is going to go wrong again.

TIA. X

Big hugs but try not to worry - those contractions always happen after orgasm, but you can only feel them when you're pregnant. You can expect them to go away around 10/11 weeks. Orgasm can't cause an early miscarriage, but it can cause bleeding. This can be from either the cervix being overly sensitive, or old blood can work it's way out because of the contracting uterus. This is normal and nothing to be worried about.

Someone told me once that babies can survive car accidents at early stages, so chances are your baby is fine even if you happen to fall down. Orgasm cannot cause early miscarriage :)

Same as above sex and orgasm cannot cause miscarages might casue a little spotting depending on how deep you go or sometimes how big ohs are but if your worried but being a women needs need to be meet choose a position that is comfortable for you and injoy everything is extra sensetive so injoy whilst you can xx

I have a huge sex drive (strangely for a woman) much higher than my partners. When i fell pregnant the hormones i thought would heighten it but thankfully haven't but we still have sex about 4/5 times a week and its never made me bleed or cramps.
With my first child i was the same and no issues.
If anything i heard orgasms were helpful for cramps in periods and pregnancy.

I am sorry for your loss, i can understand thinking it may have been the sex that caused it. I honestly don't think sex will harm the baby or the midwives would tell us not to and i've never heard of not having sex in pregnancy.
I am sure all will be ok but do what makes you feel comfortable, if you want to risk not having sex in the first few months, sit your partner down and explain he should understand, there is other ways to be intimate and affection to maintain that section of the relationship.

Hope you have a smooth pregnancy and congratulations :)

Thank you all for your replies. I have been 'googling' and read in a few places that women who undergo IVF are advised to avoid orgasms in the first trimester just incase the contractions cause the baby to dislodge so I'm panicking about it now.

I'm going to avoid O now as the worry is beyond belief for me, as for the sex, will have to change to a position that's gentler 🙈 Xx

I heard O was good for babies as it increases blood flow down there and that’s a good thing? Not sure though. I’m pretty sure it doesn’t cause miscarriage but can irritate the cervix which can bleed a little, in certain positions. I do find if I O close to AF it starts earlier so I think it just speeds up the process of blood coming out - if you miscarry I would guess you would have anyway, but this just makes it happen sooner.

Hun I've DTD the entire time throughout all my pregnancies - both the three I lost and the four I've been blessed with - so I wouldn't associate my losses with having too much sex. My doctor told me when I asked about this same thing that orgasms help prepare you for labor by giving you small, practice contractions. It helps to tone your uterus for the big day. She just told me to watch having too much sex in the third trimester because it can cause you to go into labor, especially if you've started dilating, but in the early trimesters is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->