Oscar Pistorius

babyjan

Mum&expecting#2
Reaction score
Cleared of murdering his girlfriend, not surprised at all! I knew he would be found not guilty

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ced-verdict-Reeva-Steenkamp-murder-trial.html

Knew he would get off even tho he is guilty

Been following all day. what a disgrace, reading her justification and interpretation of the law is down right strange. firing 4 bullets with no understanding that he may kill the person behind the door....eh say what!

Been following all day. what a disgrace, reading her justification and interpretation of the law is down right strange. firing 4 bullets with no understanding that he may kill the person behind the door....eh say what!

'Cause shooting someone isn't usually to kill them, obviously! :dohh:

It's ridiculous.

apparently a reasobable person would have assumed the bulletd may kill. He may still get manslaughter pathetic but better than nothing i guess!

It's a disgrace, it is premed murder. Pointing a gun at a closed door you are shooting to kill, especially shooting 4 times. My heart breaks for Reeva's parents.

There wasn't enough evidence to prove he meant to kill her but as far as I'm concerned he meant to kill the intruder he thought it was. That's the bit I don't get. How can you shoot 4 times and not mean to kill? He knows what guns do.

It's all so sad. :nope:

The verdict is illogical. It also highlights how acceptable it is to kill intruders, even when they pose no direct threat.

It's terrible, her poor family. 1 gun shot would be bad bit could be classed as a warning/panic (not that I agree anyone should ever be shot but trying to be objective) but 4 times is definitely intentional in my eyes!

So he shoots into a small room, through a door, 4 bullets knowing there was somebody in there, killing the person in there, without first checking, as a normal person would, whether it was the WOMAN HE LIVED WITH! And he gets off and stands a chance of walking free? And this is justice?
I feel for Reevas family, she hasn't had any justice at all.

I personally think they had a row, she took shelter in the bathroom and he shot her in a rage. But i guess we'll never know.

I just don't understand it if I'm honest. So, he thought there was an intruder in the house, grabbed a gun, didn't check where his partner was, and shot four times? How does that make any sense?! If I heard a strange noise in the house, I'd first turn to my husband in bed, if he wasn't there, I'd assume he was the one making the noise! If I wasn't sure, I'm pretty sure I'd say 'darling, is that you?', pretty sure I wouldn't grab a gun, shoot through the door four times just in case it wasn't DH after all and was in fact an intruder.
How is he not behind bars?!

I really want to believe his version of events, I met him briefly years ago and he came across as a lovely person. His ex-girlfriend though says he was prone to having rage outbursts and that she had feared for her safety when dating him. I think that they had a fight, she ran to the toilet and locked herself in. He shot at the door in rage, and when he realised what he had done started screaming in despair (screams heard by the witnesses). I don't think it was pre-meditated murder, I don't think he logically thought in his head "I'm going to grab this gun and kill her", but rather that he lost control at the time. Either way, I think it's a tragic story for everyone involved. For Reeva who lost her life, her family, and for Oscar who will have to live with the guilt of what he did.

As a South African I cringe over this. He is a pompous, arrogant asshole and deserves to be in prison. I really believe he knew it was her when he pulled that trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->