OT contact lens help

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

Okay so I have contact lenses (I have an old prescription glasses but never wear) which I am able to wear for 30 days inc sleeping in and then change for a new pair. I pay £20 a month from specsavers atm. I can get 3 months worth of lenses from a lens centre online saving me money BUT I was wondering how this would work if I go to specsavers for eye test every 2 years but then buy contact lenses offline? If my prescription changes (glasses and lens prescription can differ slightly due to how they are worn) how would I then know what strength to order and also get the health of my eyes and lids etc checked?

So confusing! Lol. How and where do you get your contact lenses?

xx

I get mine from specsavers too. I get 3 pairs sent to me at a time that I also wear for 30 days at a time but I don't sleep in mine, I tried the ones you sleep in but hated them. So mine only cost me £12 a month.

My brother also wears contacts and has his Eye tests done at specsavers then he goes online to order his lenses and just has to input what his latest prescription is and they get sent to him at that prescription until he updates it with a new prescription. He also takes his specsavers prescription into asda and gets glasses from in there. He's actually just bought a lovely designer pair for less than half the price they were in specsavers.

It doesn't matter where you have your eye test done and where you buy them from as you pay for an eye test anyway. I know with the lense prescription at specsavers it includes the eye test so just cancel your specsavers subscription and pay for a contact lense eye test separately.

X

I get my eyes tested at Tesco and also have the contact lens check then order from Asda website. On their website you have to put in where you get your eyes tested and then they check for you. There are other websites I used to use that don't check though. My prescription has pretty much stayed the sane for years - does yours change?

It has slowed down quite a bit now my eyes are terrible and I have quite a bad astigmatism. Lol. So I can use the prescription from an eye test to put in in site i wana get lenses from? I think an eye test is about 25 isnt it, how much is a lens check? Yeah a yearly lens check is included in the spevsavers price. Buying offline I can save approx 100 a year buying offline . Xx

I just had my eyes tested at vision express and they were going to charge £25 but I got 2 pairs of glasses for £139 so the test was free. I'm sure other places charge the same amount.

Yea the sight test is about 25, was wondering hm for a lens check if i dont buy my lens from somewhere? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->