OT deadly shooting at elementary school

I really would like to know what the hell is with US law. It's easier for an insane man to get his hands on a semi automatic weapon and 50,000 rounds of ammo than it is for an ordinary person to buy a box of allergy medication at the pharmacy. :growlmad:

My heart goes out to the victims and their families. What an awful, senseless, and cruel thing to have happen to so many innocent people.

The shooter was not Ryan Lanza it was his younger brother Adam Lanza 20 yrs old. He went to his fathers house killed him, drove to the school where his mother was a kindergarden teacher, killed her and all her students. 20 children are dead and 6 adults dead . Shooter killed himself, they are questioning his brother Ryan but are saying he had NO knowledge of what his brother was going to do . Absolutely devastating :cry:

It's just horrific. I've thought more about it than I should. Those children meant the world to their parents, and they sent them off to school thinking that they were going to be safe and that they would see them at the end of the day. I can't imagine how they feel right now. It's so horrible to think about what those little one's must have been thinking and what they felt.

I cried so hard when they said that children who were locked in bathrooms/closets were saying that they just wanted to have Christmas. :cry: That one little girl was talking about her doll before the shots went off. They're so innocent, they never deserved this. How can any parent feel okay sending their babies back to school after this? It would be so hard.

:nope: Awful day.

Oh god I just saw this and I feel so sick to my stomach. I can't even turn the tv on, I don't think I could handle it. Those poor babies.

Ok corrected he didn't kill his father, he killed a family member in the house but they are saying who it is/ His father and brother are at the police station being questioned,. :nope:

This is so incredibly sad, I cry every time I think of all those little kids. And just before Christmas...this is so tragic. :cry:

Who would want to kill a bunch of little kids? I just don't understand.

My OH came home and said "All I can think about is how those kids have presents under the tree." It hadn't even occured to me that now those parents have to go home and be reminded that they won't be able to spend Christmas with their children. That the kids will never get to open their gifts. :nope:

Now I'm crying all over again.

I've been in tears all day thinking about this! It's said that he shot his mother in the face at home, then went to her classroom and murdered all the children and some adults along the way. This is horrible, and honestly I will probably home school my child. There had to be something mental wrong with this man, to harm young innocent souls. I don't think they should ban guns, but I believe they should make the laws more strict on getting a gun! Guns don't kill people, its the people using guns. Anybody can kill with a car, knife, or even a punch. If someone want's to murder someone they will find a way. I can't help but think this person had a mental illness that was ignored. A person does not wake up one day and just kill his mother and 20 children plus some adults.

My OH came home and said "All I can think about is how those kids have presents under the tree." It hadn't even occured to me that now those parents have to go home and be reminded that they won't be able to spend Christmas with their children. That the kids will never get to open their gifts. :nope:

Now I'm crying all over again.

Oh, I hadn't thought of that! That is so incredibly sad! :cry:

Apparently the guns were his mother's. How awful. They also reported that his brother, who's ID the gunman had on him, said that the gunman had mental issues. In my mind, anyone who could commit such a horrible act has to have mental issues.

It is just so heartbreaking!

The thing that gets me the most is knowing those babies were scared, and they had no control. That man was a coward, and anger runs through my blood thinking about him. I'm devastated for those poor parents, I honestly don't think I could handle it, I could not handle someone doing that to my child and me having to bury them.

I was just reading an article on Yahoo and it had some quotes from some of the children, one little boy found out his sister was one of the kids who passed & his reaction was, "Now I'm not going to have anyone to play with." I can't stop crying, I've been thinking about all those kids all day, and I can't even fathom what their families are going through.

Those poor poor babies.. crying again and just feel sick to my stomach. Pure evil. I feel so much sympathy for all of those affected. Honestly, no words can even come close.

Now they said the mother was the one found dead in the home and she was a teacher at the school. So he kills her and then goes to a school and kills 20 babies and his mother was not even there? Why would he do this, I thought the mom was in the school and he killed her there/ This is just horrific. WTF was this kid thinking :cry::cry::cry: Why kill kids, what the hell did they have to do with your life? I can't even sleep I am sick over this.. :cry::cry::cry:

Andy I thought the same. He killed her at their home. Then drove her car to school and killed her class of kindergarteners. It doesn't even make sense. I thought she was in the classroom and he did it in front of her. SO sad.

Andy I thought the same. He killed her at their home. Then drove her car to school and killed her class of kindergarteners. It doesn't even make sense. I thought she was in the classroom and he did it in front of her. SO sad.

The news has been so wrong, it's pathetic . First they said it was Ryan Lanza, this poor kid has his face pasted all over facebook as the killer . Now we know it was his younger brother Adam Lanza, and Ryan's picture is still up there? This poor kid was getting blamed for this and he posted on his facebook "It was not me, it was not me" I can't imagine how he feels, he will definitely be targeted for this, I can't imagine what he feels now knowing what his monster of a brother did. They said the guns were registered to Nancy Lanza the mother, what the hell did this woman have all these guns for?

It is just tragic and incomprehensible:nope::nope:

I believe they suspected ryan instead of adam because he was carrying ryan's license and that's what they found on him. The sad thing is, we will never get answers. They calm he was seriously mentally ill with aspergers. I have no idea why a mother with a child dealing with such illness would keep all those guns around the house. She had to quit her job apparently to take care of him. I feel horrible that she lost her life, but because she did not put him into professional care, a lot of people lost their lives yesterday.

Aspergers would not cause a child solely to do this, it was more than that, he had underlying mental problems that I am almost positive we will start hearing about. You are right about the ID, I just feel it took them so long to get the info out there and straight, I feel bad for the brother, cause even though he was not involved he will be targeted. :nope:

As far as I know that Ryan Lanza FB account the news broadcasted wasn't even Adam Lanza's brother...just some kid (I think he's a teenager!) with the same name. Ridiculous.

Aspergers would definitely not drive someone to commit mass murder. Much more going on there.

I worded that wrong, mentally ill and diagonosed with aspergers. Not as in that's what caused it, but he also had that along with some serious problems. There is a problem, and that's parents ignoring a treat to society from their children over not wanting to let them go and get in patient medical care. This could have been prevented. No normal person in their right mind would have killed like that, especially stepping foot in an elementary school and murdering 20 children.

All the pictures I have seen of ryan lanza was adams brother. He's 24 years old and was plaster all over the web and his facebook was too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->