OT deadly shooting at elementary school

I don't think the ownership of guns will be banned, it's written into your constitution isn't it?

But tightening them up is a must, make it harder to get them, which may be frustrating but it it's saves one life it's an success. Medical records should be accessed and questionnaires as well as reasons for ownership and such like. Also the types of guns people can own, it shocked me the other night, I watched doomsday prepers and someone was looking to get training and ownership of a snipper rifle, why on earth would anyone need that? It also talked about semi automatics, again why?

I don't think the ownership of guns will be banned, it's written into your constitution isn't it?

But tightening them up is a must, make it harder to get them, which may be frustrating but it it's saves one life it's an success. Medical records should be accessed and questionnaires as well as reasons for ownership and such like. Also the types of guns people can own, it shocked me the other night, I watched doomsday prepers and someone was looking to get training and ownership of a snipper rifle, why on earth would anyone need that? It also talked about semi automatics, again why?

Yes it is in our constitution , but these guns this woman had as I said earlier are not the norm for people, most people do NOT have these. The weapons she had were and are mostly owned by law enforcement , these weapons are even to powerful for hunting. She was an avid shooter, took lessons , practiced and did obtain all the legal necessities for owning these firearms. I think for sure now there will be a very strict law presented and passed, even members of the NRA who are obsessed with guns and gun ownership are saying a law needs to be passed, they now realize this was just a tragedy and something needs to be done and that coming from those members is astonishing . Her friends were interviewed and ALL said she was a nice woman and very responsible woman who would NOT have left those guns out, they were locked up and stored properly. Medical records are not that easy to obtain, you need a warrant form a judge to look at someone's medical records it is in our privacy act. Someone can't just go and request that, it just isn't done. It is still unknown why she felt the need to have these assault weapons , cause every expert has said it just was not normal to have those powerful firearms. I do really think this has opened people who are in power eyes and something will be done and I am all for that. Like I said earlier also if those guns she had were so accessible Adam Lanza would not have tried days earlier to obtain a firearm, it doesn't make sense he would try to buy one when there were ones already in the home, so that tells me they were properly stored and not that easy to get at, he had to kill his mother in my opinion to get them. :nope::nope:

Yes it is in our constitution , but these guns this woman had as I said earlier are not the norm for people, most people do NOT have these. The weapons she had were and are mostly owned by law enforcement , these weapons are even to powerful for hunting. She was an avid shooter, took lessons , practiced and did obtain all the legal necessities for owning these firearms. I think for sure now there will be a very strict law presented and passed, even members of the NRA who are obsessed with guns and gun ownership are saying a law needs to be passed, they now realize this was just a tragedy and something needs to be done and that coming from those members is astonishing . Her friends were interviewed and ALL said she was a nice woman and very responsible woman who would NOT have left those guns out, they were locked up and stored properly. Medical records are not that easy to obtain, you need a warrant form a judge to look at someone's medical records it is in our privacy act. Someone can't just go and request that, it just isn't done. It is still unknown why she felt the need to have these assault weapons , cause every expert has said it just was not normal to have those powerful firearms. I do really think this has opened people who are in power eyes and something will be done and I am all for that. Like I said earlier also if those guns she had were so accessible Adam Lanza would not have tried days earlier to obtain a firearm, it doesn't make sense he would try to buy one when there were ones already in the home, so that tells me they were properly stored and not that easy to get at, he had to kill his mother in my opinion to get them. :nope::nope:

I heard she was a prepper too?

I know it's not the norm, but why should anyone ever have them? Those type of weapons should be banned. They are not defensive or hunting weapons, then no civilian has need of them.

As for medical record, I realise it's not the norm, I am saying that it should be part of attaining a licence, you have to give permission.

I know it's not the norm, but why should anyone ever have them? Those type of weapons should be banned. They are not defensive or hunting weapons, then no civilian has need of them.

As for medical record, I realise it's not the norm, I am saying that it should be part of attaining a licence, you have to give permission.

No where did I hear she was a Prepper? I have never ever heard that. We don't know why she had them, they are trying to establish that. People who do have them are mostly law enforcement, not normal people. I think there will for sure now be a banned on them and you can bet I am all for it, there is NO need for anyone to own them, only law enforcement . I agree about the medical records also, that would be great, if you have nothing to hide you should not have a problem granting access to them,. good thought :thumbup:

I agree with this, if you have nothing to hide then I'm not really sure what the problem would be. :shrug:

Also I read an article yesterday that suggested she may have been a prepper, apparently she had loads of long term food hoarded up too?

I Know one of the newspapers called her prepper, I didn't read it but my NBC news app summarises the newspapers, the called her an obsessed prepper.

Sorry, if I am clueless, but what is a prepper? Or what would she have been prepping for?

Maybe the laws could change so that households where a person who has been diagnosed as mentally ill would not be permitted to have guns? Just from watching the today show etc, I am getting the picture that it is very important to some americans that they be permitted to have a gun in their house. It would be great if there was a way to ensure that they were kept in a safe place, but that is impossible. It is one thing to hide a gun from kids... Something else to hide it from a 20 year old.

Sorry, if I am clueless, but what is a prepper? Or what would she have been prepping for?Maybe the laws could change so that households where a person who has been diagnosed as mentally ill would not be permitted to have guns? Just from watching the today show etc, I am getting the picture that it is very important to some americans that they be permitted to have a gun in their house. It would be great if there was a way to ensure that they were kept in a safe place, but that is impossible. It is one thing to hide a gun from kids... Something else to hide it from a 20 year old.

Somebody that is preparing for the end of the world. One article also said that she was prepping for the end of civilisation as we know it because of the economic crises. :)

Sorry, if I am clueless, but what is a prepper? Or what would she have been prepping for?Maybe the laws could change so that households where a person who has been diagnosed as mentally ill would not be permitted to have guns? Just from watching the today show etc, I am getting the picture that it is very important to some americans that they be permitted to have a gun in their house. It would be great if there was a way to ensure that they were kept in a safe place, but that is impossible. It is one thing to hide a gun from kids... Something else to hide it from a 20 year old.

Somebody that is preparing for the end of the world. One article also said that she was prepping for the end of civilisation as we know it because of the economic crises. :)

Oh my! I haven't really heard much about people doing that! Is it common in the States?

It's common in most western societies, probably more so in America, some more extreme than others, some it's being sensitive and preparing for eventualities, having some food in the house incase it snows and such like. For others it's more extreme, all seem to have different ideas of what to prepare for, I,e. zombies, earthquakes, financial collapse, government takeover, nuclear war and such like.

I'm not sure TBH, I think it seems abit more common at the moment because of the news surronding the 21st.
I'm in the UK and haven't heard much about it other than what I've read on the internet? :shrug:

It's common in most western societies, probably more so in America, some more extreme than others, some it's being sensitive and preparing for eventualities, having some food in the house incase it snows and such like. For others it's more extreme, all seem to have different ideas of what to prepare for, I,e. zombies, earthquakes, financial collapse, government takeover, nuclear war and such like.

From the articles I read yesterday they seemed to suggest that hers was verging on extreme, some pointed to the end of the world others the economic crises and the end of civilisation that it would bring with it.

Yeah, from the small amount I read it sounded like she was extreme, but I suppose all these things sound extreme, people stock piling food in case of snow I.e. my mum :haha: sound extreme.

Based on the weapons though, I would say she was.

Interestingly enough, I can't find a single article written over here (Canada and US alike) that are reporting her as a "prepper". Its only been UK sites. That seems strange, surely our media would have jumped on that in an instant? It definitely adds to the sensationalism that our media outlets thrive off of.

Tbh, a lot of people have started to have rations/supplies especially with Hurricane Sandy happening not too long ago. :)

Interestingly enough, I can't find a single article written over here (Canada and US alike) that are reporting her as a "prepper". Its only been UK sites. That seems strange, surely our media would have jumped on that in an instant? It definitely adds to the sensationalism that our media outlets thrive off of.

Tbh, a lot of people have started to have rations/supplies especially with Hurricane Sandy happening not too long ago. :)

As I say I never read the actual newspaper, it was just the Bbc reporting on the pappers. We will never know and there certainly isn't anything wrong with it if she was, who was she hurting, he son would have got hold of something.

Sorry, if I am clueless, but what is a prepper? Or what would she have been prepping for?

Maybe the laws could change so that households where a person who has been diagnosed as mentally ill would not be permitted to have guns? Just from watching the today show etc, I am getting the picture that it is very important to some americans that they be permitted to have a gun in their house. It would be great if there was a way to ensure that they were kept in a safe place, but that is impossible. It is one thing to hide a gun from kids... Something else to hide it from a 20 year old.

This is what those of us talking about safe storage are saying though.

LOCKED, not "Hidden"

My dad for instance has his guns inside locked gun cases, each with their own individual combination, locked inside a gun safe, which has ITS own combination as well. That's part of Canadian gun laws.

Also not sure who it was but if Adam Lanza shot his mother 4 times in the head like I read, he didn't kill her to "get" the guns, he got them and then killed her.

Definitely! :) I kind of feel bad for his Mom if I'm honest, I've seen so many people on FB posting about how "proud she must be now" etc (if she was looking down on what he did) and I really don't think anything she did was in hopes that her son would do what he did.

ETA - Sorry, my response was to Eternal. :haha:

LOCKED, not "Hidden"

My dad for instance has his guns inside locked gun cases, each with their own individual combination, locked inside a gun safe, which has ITS own combination as well. That's part of Canadian gun laws.

Also not sure who it was but if Adam Lanza shot his mother 4 times in the head like I read, he didn't kill her to "get" the guns, he got them and then killed her.

That is exactly what I meant as properly stored, Locked not hidden . I think he got the guns cause he told her he was going to kill her if she didn't provide them, when she did he killed her anyway. That is just my opinion , never reported or anything, just something I feel. I also never heard he shot her 4 x, first i heard he shot her in the face, then I heard he shot her in the head. Still have never heard she was a prepper, I don't believe she was at all, they would have found sufficient evidence on that. Funny how we hear different things, this is why I hate the media :nope:

LOCKED, not "Hidden"

That is exactly what I meant as properly stored, Locked not hidden . I think he got the guns cause he told her he was going to kill her if she didn't provide them, when she did he killed her anyway. That is just my opinion , never reported or anything, just something I feel. I also never heard he shot her 4 x, first i heard he shot her in the face, then I heard he shot her in the head. Still have never heard she was a prepper, I don't believe she was at all, they would have found sufficient evidence on that. Funny how we hear different things, this is why I hate the media :nope:

I definitely meant locked as well, not just hidden. But then you have to hide the key. A 20 year old would just have to find the key.

My dads cases are all combinations I believe... Key locks are too easy to pick/smash, duplicate a key, etc.

Here's a link showing canadian storage laws.

https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/storage-entreposage-eng.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"