OT - Inside the human body show a man dying

carly_mummy2b

Vinnie's Mummy
Reaction score
I didnt know the programme contained this footage and i feel really quite shaken up about it, anybody else see it?

We have recorded it - thanks for the heads up xx

No, I knew it was on and they were going to show a man dying, but I have no interest. I've seen someone die, I don't need to see it on tv.

I had no idea that they would show such footage otherwise there is no way i would have switched over, i just found it very unsettling that it is shown in tv i dont know what they thought it would achieve with regards to education i think it must have been a ratings draw, although i never heard anything on it, but a couple of days ago on 'this morning' everybody was saying how disgusting it is that a french channel are showing a photo of a dying Diana IMO is there any difference? I dont like it at all :-(

I watched my FIL pass away, i dont wish to see the BBC parade this on tv so i am not watching.

V xx

The whole point about these programmes is that they are educational, and certainly not trying to pull in the ratings. I have seen my granddad pass away, so something like this didn't shock me, i think the programme was extremely interesting

The whole point about these programmes is that they are educational, and certainly not trying to pull in the ratings. I have seen my granddad pass away, so something like this didn't shock me, i think the programme was extremely interesting

I saw my nan pass away. I found the first programme fascinating and don't think this will put me off watching the second. I am glad I'm prepared for it though xx

I watched it. I didn't like the bit where the man died. But it is a programme about life and what happens to the human body, death is just a part of life and it was very interesting to hear what happens.

But I do think they should've had some kind of warning before the programme and then again during the programme to let people know. My OH was nearly crying :nope:

I wasn't able to watch it, I'm one of those weirdos that likes to pretend death doesn't happen :dohh: I know it sounds sad but I just don't have any other way of swallowing the idea without getting down.

I haven't seen it - but I have seen the furore around it in the newspapers etc. It's a strange world where we can watch war footage, hear gunshots being fired that are killing people, see things on the news where people have suffered horrific injuries and are literally on their deathbeds, or lying dead in the street, watch the after effects of horrendous atrocities such as September 11, the tsunami, the Haiti earthquake...and yet watching a much-loved man dying peacefully in his bed surrounded by family is considered shocking.

I watched it. I didn't like the bit where the man died. But it is a programme about life and what happens to the human body, death is just a part of life and it was very interesting to hear what happens.

But I do think they should've had some kind of warning before the programme and then again during the programme to let people know. My OH was nearly crying :nope:

They did have a warning before it started and just after it started hun. My OH was crying. :cry:

I saw it mentioned on the news that they were intending to show the footage. I won't be watching this ep, I've lost 4 very close family members to illness in the last few years, 2 of which I witnessed, I don't want to see any more death for a looooooong time thanks.

Obviously it was sad and upsetting but it was actually moving and respectfully shot IMO

I watched my mom pass away when I was just 16 so although I'm sure it's done tastefully, it's not something that I'd be able to watch easily.

Obviously it was sad and upsetting but it was actually moving and respectfully shot IMO

Completely agree with you.

My granddad had liver and stomach cancer, which was very similar to this man, and i think you take some comfort in the fact that the person is no longer suffering

I haven't seen it - but I have seen the furore around it in the newspapers etc. It's a strange world where we can watch war footage, hear gunshots being fired that are killing people, see things on the news where people have suffered horrific injuries and are literally on their deathbeds, or lying dead in the street, watch the after effects of horrendous atrocities such as September 11, the tsunami, the Haiti earthquake...and yet watching a much-loved man dying peacefully in his bed surrounded by family is considered shocking.

I know, or see death in Eastenders or Casualty, in films or the Xbox and yet you watch a programme like this and people are complaining :flower:

I think leaving the death process out of a program about human bodies would be a bit silly as obviously its a huge part of life :shrug: I've watched a good few people die as I work in a ward for elderly patients so I wasn't shocked or unsettled but I can see why some people might be I guess. I don't think death should be feared like it is, especially when it's an old person who has lived a full and happy life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->