OT The Duggers are expecting baby #20!

I can't stand the Duggar family. Seriously need to stop having children.

What if someone told you that you needed to stop having children? =/

I agree. When is enough enough? What if she dies in childbirth or her uterus hemmorages from constant c-sections? Surely no god would want that.

There has to be a line somewhere. I don't think religion should dictate how many kids you should have anyways, but that's for another thread ;) The point is that God wouldn't want to cost 19 kids their mother because she wouldn't stop having them to appease him, so where is the line drawn? It should have been after her micro-preemie for sure. She should be grateful she has managed to reproduce this much and not push the point.

I heard (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) but her uterus has ruptured 3 times? Surely thats 3 times God told her to stop?!

I heard (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) but her uterus has ruptured 3 times? Surely thats 3 times God told her to stop?!

whoaaaa that would definitely be enough to scare me off from having anymore, I'm already going to be paranoid after one c section!

Imagine those children were left without a mummy cos she keeps putting herself at risk.
Have more children, sure...but only if your healthy enough too.

I think now is enough...

What is mental in my mind is that DOCTORS have warned her not to have any more! :nope:

I think it's brilliant how well behaved her kids are, and I hope I can bring my kids up that well. I'm from a family of 5 and was expected to help out with the lo's(12 years between me and my sister) and the experience has been so helpful now I have my own lo.
I personally wouldn't want that many kids, as I wouldn't feel I could give each one quality time and attention.

Well I would probably tell them to shut up because it's not of their business, also I would never have 20 children because I don't have my own TV show and can't afford to take care of that many kids. Don't even get me started on the Duggar family, I think they are the most selfish people. 20 kids is FAR too many. Especially since she's putting herself at risk and putting her unborn children at risk, her last child nearly died.

Wait, it was stated before they supported themselves before the show and had 14 kids before that show :shrug:

Well I would probably tell them to shut up because it's not of their business, also I would never have 20 children because I don't have my own TV show and can't afford to take care of that many kids. Don't even get me started on the Duggar family, I think they are the most selfish people. 20 kids is FAR too many. Especially since she's putting herself at risk and putting her unborn children at risk, her last child nearly died.

My great aunt had 18 kids. The very first season of the show was "17 and counting" I believe. They weren't doing it for the tv show.

I understand how some of you ladies are against it because of the fact things could happen to her and she could die. I don't agree with the judging comments about her kids, how many kids she has is 'ridiculous' or that they are selfish for having babies.

a child needs much more than just money. They may be able to afford to have 20 kids but I do think its horrible that the kids need to apply for 1 on 1 parent time :\

On a comparison level, Jon and Kate Plus 8, before they broke up, would take each kid out on a certain day, just the three of them and do something that child wanted. I suppose it would be a little hard with 20 kids though.

sigh. I may stop reading this thread, I will just end up making some derogatory remark about religion.

i say long as the children are happy n they seem to be, thats what matters. x

Appearances can be deceiving. From what I've read about the Quiverful Movement (which the Duggers are rumoured to be part of but then again some people say they aren't) the children are taught (brainwashed) from a very young age that they must be cheerful always as being miserable is a sign of sin. They are taught to keep appearances looking good for the families even if things aren't good.

Appearances can be deceiving. From what I've read about the Quiverful Movement (which the Duggers are rumoured to be part of but then again some people say they aren't) the children are taught (brainwashed) from a very young age that they must be cheerful always as being miserable is a sign of sin. They are taught to keep appearances looking good for the families even if things aren't good.

I kind of suspected something like that. Even if thats not true, they are homeschooled and don't know that there are other kinds of families out there where the parents can spend lots of time alone with the kids and they actually get to be kids and not having parent their siblings
(there is a big difference in my mind of a sibling helping out and a sibling having to take over parenting which HAS to be what happens with that many kids).

Heck, if it was a daycare it would be illegal because you have to have a certain number of adults per child. Doesn't that say something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->