OT what do your partners do for a living?

My other half is a postman, up at 5.30am and usually home by 3pm and completely knackered (it's those Yorkshire hills!). Used to go for a nap straight away when he got home from work but now he checks in with me first (I work from home) to see if there's anything I need him to do before he lays down for a bit.

My OH is a farmer, so works silly long hours in the summer and with not a lot to do in the winter goes shooting all the bloody time!!
He will load the dishwasher sometimes, doesn't even know how to use the washing machine, has probably only ever hoovered once and he makes sure he leaves me plenty to do when I get home from work (like today he left the remains of his lunch and the butter out to melt all day). I wouldn't change him for the world but if he could just be a bit tidier I may get an easier life....can't see it happening!

my lovely OH is a groundsworker/ labourer which usually means lotsa physically demanding stuff :wacko: he loves a hard day's graft tho hehe

he has to be up at 6:30am and i don't get up til 8am for my job (work in a studio/shop) and he's always SOOO quiet as to not wake me, as he knows i love my bed :winkwink:
he gets homw around 5pm (a little earlier when it's harsh weather) so abt half hour before me...and when i get in he's usually done ALL the washing up AND started dinner :thumbup:

He's amazing and lets me sit on my arse all night, which makes me feel guilty sometimes hehe:shrug: but reallllly helpful when i'm feelin too fat to move atm!:hugs:

xx

My husband is a financial advisor, he generally leaves the house at 8am and on a good day will be home at 6pm. I'd say at least 3 days a week he gets home more like 7.30/8pm. Plus he works most Saturday's.

He's always really stressed what with meeting targets etc. Plus he's taking some major exams at the moment so is revising for those when he's home. BUT he always helps out with our daughter, he'll bath her and put her to bed and then revise once she's down for the night.

Since I've had spd and PGP there are some household chores I can't do and he's not once complained about having to do them even though he gets zero spare time to chill out.

I couldn't ask for anyone better really.

X

Drayman.....delivers beer so 3am starts for him lugging big barrels of beer around :)

My DF works in a iron foundry and thinks that because he has a demanding job that he doesn't need to help much around the house, after a talk last night he said "ask all them on BnB what there fellas do, I bet they don't work in a foundry"

I'm really hoping that somebody says there's does so I can show him lol.

He works 50 ish hours a week.... So what do your OH's do?

No foundry my dh is a store manager for a fortune 50 company and he's required to work 60 hour work weeks which usually spills into the 65-70 hours. He cooks, cleans and does all the laundry not to mention fixes our cars, and runs errands with me on his days off.

My husband is a Sergeant in the army, currently deployed to Afghanistan for the next year.

What's a foundry :shrug: ?

My OH is commercial director of a company. Leaves the house about 7am, home about 7pm if he's just in the office - so that's a 60hr week. He does help out when asked but like many men (as far as I can make out!) he doesn't SEE what actually needs to be done, always needs to be prompted. Also, he doesn't do things as well, or as quickly, as me!!!

Xx

Xxx

My husband is a Sergeant in the army, currently deployed to Afghanistan for the next year.

Oh my goodness, how often will you see him? I really admire forces wives/partners, must be very tough at times x

My husband is a student in a professional program right now, he's busy with classes/studying ALL the time.....but still helps out when I ask him to. I'm nervous about the first 6 weeks or so after we have the baby though as he will be in final exams! I think I'll basically be a single Mom for that time.

My husband is a chef. he has 2 jobs as a chef and works 60 hrs a wk! although he does not do any of the cooking he does do other chores dishes laundry and folding. along with helping me get the babies room ready.Men need to help no matter what their jobs entail. my dad has 3 jobs and still goes home and does house work and he's 62 yrs old!

My DH is a lawyer. He lawyers about 70-90 hours a week.

He is also an Army reservist nearly 8 years now :flower:

Sounds like he is just a mardy arse then! There have been some great occupations! And I also feel VERY jealous of the ladies who have the thoughtfull guys lol

My DH is a lawyer. He lawyers about 70-90 hours a week.

He is also an Army reservist nearly 8 years now :flower:

I would also add he rarely does housework!

But honestly he is not home much, and his job carries quite a bit of stress. We have a bit of an agreement that way. As long as both parties agree :) I don't mind taking care of the vast majority of the chores as I only work 35 hours a week. Certain things he does, and when I ask him to help out with something he's pretty good about it.

My OH is a substance misuse worker, he gets people of drugs when they come out of prison and helps people who are suffering with drink and drug problems on the streets my doing courses with them and telling them how bad it is. He loves his job, its so rewarding for him. xx

My hubbi is in the Army too and due to deploy to Afghanistan a few weeks before this baby is due :(

My hubby is a Program Manager(Engineering) for a Telecommunication company. He works about 4 hours a day in the office and the other at home. He works close by, so were able to do lunch often. He’ll probably be home with the baby more than me.

He’ll do housework if I ask him, but he typically only will wash dishes without me asking.

Yeah, what’s a foundry?

Mine is a Fiancial Advisor and he is more than useless at helping around the house, I have to show him exactly what I want done and he will do it but that will be all he does.
Like someone said earlier he just doesn't see mess I think he would happily live in squalor if I let him.
I ended up getting a cleaner and a robot vacuum a couple of years ago to stop all the arguments.

Sorry absolutely no help with your DH but at least you know you are not alone lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->