OT what do your partners do for a living?

MrsBea. How are you? I was thinking of you and working the other day

My husband owns his own business and works sometimes up to 60 hours a week because he also works for a surfing company on weekends sk when he is not at our buiness he is there, I also work 30 hours a week not to mention how many hours I work at home and I'm doing a diploma onto of that :) my hubby still comes home after physical labour and still puts dinner on and plays with our children and cleans etc and doesn't complain (much lol) no most of the time he is awesome and tries to do as much as he can to help me and the girls :) I'm one lucky woman :) your hubby needs to understand that running a household and looking after your kids is a team effort not a solo one, sorry hubby but no matter how much u work u should always make time to help your wife and children :)

My husband is a Sergeant in the army, currently deployed to Afghanistan for the next year.

Oh my goodness, how often will you see him? I really admire forces wives/partners, must be very tough at times x

I will only be able to see him for about ten days out of the year when he comes home for R&R. He planned his leave for my due date in February, but who knows if our LO will co-operate with that or not. It's extremely hard for me to be an army wife, he's everything to me and my best friend. It's a struggle to deal with him being away. Plus we are having some marital issues right now due to a situation that happened before we met or even married, but you can't escape your past. Problems are three times worse in a relationship when the other half is deployed for a year at a time.

My hubbi is in the Army too and due to deploy to Afghanistan a few weeks before this baby is due :(

What's his Job? Most bases are fairly secure over there right now according to my husband. Hopefully your hubby stays on base like mine does, that's the only thing that gives me a tiny peace of mind about the entire deployment.

My boyfriend is a sociologist and he works for a women's right movement.
Lobbying and setting up projects.
He leaves our home at 7am and he's back home by 7pm.
When I get home from work at 9:30pm my dinner's on the table. I'm very lucky :D

mine is a Sheriff ( i'm not sure what they call it outside of US but Police) .. he's always really stressed out and honestly burnt out because hes a corporal and in charge of the deputies.. he can't wait to retire..

I'm a full time student and work part time.. i plan on finishing out my semester next year even though i'm due in march. It's my last semester!

MrsBea. How are you? I was thinking of you and working the other day

Hi hun, How are you? Has the MS eased now? I still read our old thread occasionally but don't post on it, everyone seems quite stressed over there.

I am doing great I had no MS at all and have lots of energy now im in 2nd tri. My HCG is 3.5 times the normal so a bit worried about that but if I have a baby with downs then so be it, anomoly scan is in 2 weeks so hopefully will know more then.

Mines in the US Army. Every one of his work days are different. Usually he goes in at 0430 for PT and formation and on a 'good' day he's home at 5 or 6pm. Some days they don't do much at all - just paperwork etc... Some days they have classes or training to do, some days they have rifle ranges and he wont get home til way past midnight. When he goes into the field he's gone from anywhere between 24hrs to 3 - 4 weeks lol. And then there's deployments where he's gone for a year. His job has no regularity or daily routine to it at all, it's a play it by ear type thing. He's an NCO also so he's always getting phone calls etc when he's at home for guys needing answers about something, or everytime someone gets in trouble - which is quite a lot lol. Damn young and reckless soldiers :p

Mine works on an assembly line for Honda/Acura. That means shift work... I hate when he is on nights. :(

My hubbi is in the Army too and due to deploy to Afghanistan a few weeks before this baby is due :(

What's his Job? Most bases are fairly secure over there right now according to my husband. Hopefully your hubby stays on base like mine does, that's the only thing that gives me a tiny peace of mind about the entire deployment.

He's artillery in the british army. He won't have the luxury of staying on base this time, he'll be out with the frontline soldiers on operations :(

No peace of mind from me and probably very little contact too :nope: :cry:

My husband is a firefighter, runs a family business and also does mechanics at
The weekends or in his spare time. I'm self employed but since having complications with pregnancy haven't been working so hubby is the bread winner. I'm home all the time and would never expect my husban to
Come home from work to more work when I am there all the time. So he doesn't do any housework. He works 50-80 hrs a wk sometimes.

I appreciate that he's allowing me to stay off work and taking extra shifts to make up the difference. If we're both out working then we share the housework. But if I'm home I take care of the house. :)

I am an ACO at the SPCA in my city. Working dispatch now that I am preggers though.
DH is a soldier in the United States Army. :)

He's artillery in the british army. He won't have the luxury of staying on base this time, he'll be out with the frontline soldiers on operations :(

I'm sorry, hopefully he will be in safer parts of the country. I tell my husband everyday to be careful and such, he's sick of me saying that I think. My hubby calls me everyday by cell, its crazy expensive but worth the money to keep our relationship going. Do they allow British soldiers to have cellphones in the field?

My OH is a Paramedic :) - Has been for a few years now, really enjoys his job and has been to many different accident sites! - He loves his job!

A Paramedic :) - Has been for a few years now, really enjoys his job and has been to many different accident sites! - He loves his job!

I'm sorry, hopefully he will be in safer parts of the country. I tell my husband everyday to be careful and such, he's sick of me saying that I think. My hubby calls me everyday by cell, its crazy expensive but worth the money to keep our relationship going. Do they allow British soldiers to have cellphones in the field?

Nope! No mobile phones allowed at all! I have been through tours before but contact has always been better. This time I am expecting nothing and anything I do get will be a bonus! All I can do is what I normally do, sit tight at home and send lots of letters, parcels and photos of the kids etc and pray he stays safe. Hope your deployment passes quickly for you and be grateful for every bit of contact you have xxx

My partner is a business analyst for the reserve bank. When I found out I was expecting my first child he was laboring doing odd jobs and as soon as he found out he was going to be a dad he went and applied for this job and got it :).

He works a standard 40 hour week but is required to be on call 24hrs (he gets paid quite well for this and doesn't get called very often).

He cooks, cleans, and builds. He has built a deck, fully raised and enclosed vege garden for me, new kitchen, new bathroom, painted, is currently converting this crappy old room we have downstairs into an office for me so I can work from home, and he does all this after work or on the weekends

My husband is a firefighter/ paramedic. He has a great schedule with two 24 hr shifts a week. He also works part time for an insurance company. I also work full time so we share the chores 50/50!!!! It works out great :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->