OT what do your partners do for a living?

My husband is a biology professor and dinosaur paleontologist. Luckily he works really nice hours (he's at work for about 5 hours a day) but when he gets home he's grading papers and doing research for his publications the rest of the day. Even though he's not at work he still works A LOT of hours a day.

DH is a IT guy - fixing computers, setting up servers, building networks, and doing whatever else his company owner has him doing. He works in a 5-person startup company, so he gets other tasks as well as they come in. Due to the nature of their company, DH is on call 24/7, which means that he also has the ability to work from home as long as there isn't a need for him to visit a client's site.

Farmer/welder/mechanic on cars and bikes/tattoo artist (or was one). He does everything basically. Me I stay with the kids (nope not a lay about either).

DH is a pilot in the USAF. He loves his job but he works odd/long hours when flying.

I can understand he is probably dead tired by the time he gets home. No doubt he works hard - but there are still certain things he can do to help. Taking out trash - helping clear and wash dishes after dinner (I think this is a common courtesy after you've cooked for him), picking up after himself, hauling anything heavy like laundry baskets you may need him to do. What other husbands do for a living is really irrelevant. He can and should help out with simple tasks around the house. It's not like you're twiddling your thumbs all day either.

My hubby is an engineer. He can make his own hours and work from home. I am so very lucky!

He's a technical director at a large theatre in the South east of england. On dark weeks (nO shows) he can work about 40 hours on show weeks and get ins/ get outs it's more like 60-70. I work 16 hours a week in a part time receptionists job, I also work looking after my daughter, do I expect help round the house? Yes of course I do! I'm not a slave nor am I paid to keep our house tidy. He helps in the kitchen and takes out the rubbish, plus he's great with DD and does bath and bedtime. I do have to nag on occasion and his idea of clean and tidy is very very far from my own but all in all I can't grumble too much!

My husband is a paediatrician. I am a pharmacist. We have a very good life together, financially stable and very much in love with each other. We used to have a maid who does the housework for us. This July, he is sent for training away for 2 years. I went with him, but later I am pregnant. I got very sick and he had to let me come home to my mom. He works 40 hours a week on general hospital, extra hours on call in some weeks. He tried his very best to clean the house, do groceries, laundry, attend to my need, even learn how to cook from youtube while I was bedbound.
I stopped working since 6weeks. So now we are cutting down all the expenses. It has not been easy. I am so sorry for him because he takes care of me so well, but I still get sick now and make him feel guilty for not being able to alleviate my sufferings eventhough he is a doctor (a children doctor anyway).
At least a peace of mind for me, when bb comes, he is going to take care of her, and I will take my time to rest then.

My Dh works 40 hours a week in a cd/DVD shop. He doesn't do an awful lot around the house unless i ask but he does absolutely adore ds and spends lots of time with him and I know he'll be the same with this one. He will help more in the house when baby comes because he'll have no choice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->