Other peoples advice...... Rant

darkangel1981

New Mummy
Reaction score
Ive just back from being out for lunch with my mother and my gran, normally it goes ok but today all i seem to get was advice or opinions that was just :wacko::wacko:

LO had a bad night last night and didn't sleep great but on a whole i think he is a great baby for sleeping normally 10/11pm till 6/7am but no, seemingly my strapping 13lb boy is hungry and thats why he isn't sleeping??? so their advice, give him some solids. :dohh: i then told them that the advice now is to wait until 6 months unless advised but seemingly this is rubbish and i was eating early. My LO is only 10weeks old FFS yes he is big but he is happy with milk.

Also LO has a dummy for naps and sleeping, and this is also the worst thing in the world.. I wasn't a fan of dummies before LO was here but i have to say giving him one was the best thing i have done, he settles so well with it and it seems to be helping his reflux. Anything that helps us in my eyes can't be all that bad surely?? ah well. Can't win.

ok rant over, thanks for listening :)

Lol don't you just love other peoples advice :dohh: the older generation seem to have an obsession with weaning really early :s my mums the same.. hang in there :hugs: x

My friend told me to start my LO on solids :shock: she is 10 weeks to and 12lbs 12!

I would never give her solids before the recommended time. Yes she is a hungry baby and likes her milk that's why I put her on hungry baby formula. My friend suggested not to put her on hungry baby and to just put baby rice in her bottle, again, I wouldn't do this before the recommended age. I don't know what goes through people's heads! Just because my LO is a good weight does not mean she needs any other form of food.

As for the dummy's, I was adamant before she arrived thy I wasn't goin to give her a dummy but when she was born she needed the comfort, she would cry so I would give her a bottle but she wouldn't drink it and would just want the teat in her mouth to go to sleep so I gave her a dummy and she's been much easier to settle but she only has it to help her get to sleep too.

Xx

Oh I know the feeling, everyone thinks they should tell new mums how to raise their children. I suppose they are trying to be helpful. But its really annoying. Don't worry when lo gets to 6 months it all seems to stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->