Ouchy boobs!!

L

Luke's_mummy

Luke's now 3days old and my milk is coming in, we've tried to breastfeed and he refuses it, we've tried again since we got home but it's deffo not for him which is fine, we're more than happy formula feeding him and he's taking it really well. I was just wondering if any of the other formula feeding mummys could tell me how long it took for their boobs to stop hurting ect and go back to normal. Thanks :) x

7-10 days for me. I found that ice packs helped, and I had to wear two bras at all times except when showering! the engorgement did slowly go down each day

about a week id say, but quite a few weeks to get smaller again, and as sarah said they leaked for a quite a while :growlmad: i wasnt impressed. lol

my milk didn't really come in...but i've heard cold cabbage leaves (or something) is supposed to work really well :), congrats on bubba btw :) xx

Well 3 weeks on and I still occasionaly leak milk! But the soreness has gone now, it took about 5 days, lots of cold compresses and ice helps hun.

ooo i remember the pain ouchy!!, try to find yourself a nice comfy bra that holds them nice with lots of support. A good bra will help alot :)

ugh I remember that pain.. I bf/pumped over a month so I can't help but man this thread brought back memories.. Ouch!!

Ice packs, also try chilled cabbage leaves, I am engorged at the moment too :(

Im in the same boat :thumbup: Riley likes 2 chew my boobies once hes done feeding so there all sore and cracked :(
Iv heard about the cabbage leafs... Found this online.
Cabbage leaves may help your breasts feel more comfortable. Cut out the thick stem and cover your breast with cold leaves, stem end down. Leave the nipple uncovered. Change the leaf at each feed (or when the leaf goes limp). Stop as soon as your breasts feel comfortable. Using them for more than a short time may decrease your milk supply too much. If weaning you might use them for a longer time.
xxxx

Glitterbomb, luke and wyatt were born the same day!!

Thanks everyone, they do feel a little better today, just using cold flannels ect on them xx

sticking breast pads in the freezer works
wonders too :thumbup: xx​

ow i feel your pain hun it was awwwful! i think it took 4-5 days after my milk came in for them to fully go back to normal. i couldnt even wear a bra cos it just covered the tiniest amount of boob lol x

Lol I'm lucky in the bra department because as I was planning to bf I had been measured for and bought nursing bras, so I have one of them on ATM which is good :)

I was so lucky my boobs never hurt when my milk came in but they were really solid for about 4days after my milk came in. I never BF Chloe for the same reson as you but my boobs still leak to this day, graduly getting less and less though :) xxx

I was so lucky my boobs never hurt when my milk came in but they were really solid for about 4days after my milk came in. I never BF Chloe for the same reson as you but my boobs still leak to this day, graduly getting less and less though :) xxx
I hate you..
Well, more envy..

nothing to add except what everyone else has said, my MIL erckons cabbage leaves do the trick,
Glad ur both happy :hugs::) xxx

Glitterbomb, luke and wyatt were born the same day!!

Thanks everyone, they do feel a little better today, just using cold flannels ect on them xx

aww :) what time was he born? wyatt was born at 9:01 am

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->