Our Abby's a wee genius

Foogirl

Baby Abby 11 weeks early
Reaction score
Ok, so probably not but we got terribly excited this evening.

Mr Foo was reading Abby her bedtime story, Splish Splosh (it's a real good read. Unputdownable. A page turner if there ever was one.....:haha:) and in it there is a duck. On the first page, he said "where's the duck" and she pointed at it. This isn't something we've done a lot of so that was quite good for her. Then at the end, all the characters are on the last page, and he said "where's the duck" and she picked the duck out and pointed at it.

We were amazed. We thought it was a fluke so tried it again. And she did it.:happydance:

She has a lot of ducks, in her treasure basket and in her bath, so she obviously recognises them now - she even says "uck" it's really cute.

I'm off to sign her up with Mensa:haha:

But Mensa will show her a picture with a duck, a goose, a cormorant and a heron; and ask her to pick out the duck - they're sneaky like that :D

Andrew has lions like Abby has ducks - lions on his wall, lions on his clothes, toy lions everywhere.

Well done Abby! Duck's can actually be tricky as so many kids tv programs call them bloody quack-quacks - bugs me (sorry if anyone out there does the same - pet hate since my son was wee! Look out Mensa here Abby comes!

Clever girl :happydance: she will go far!
Or at least to the duck pond!

Well done Abby! Duck's can actually be tricky as so many kids tv programs call them bloody quack-quacks - bugs me (sorry if anyone out there does the same - pet hate since my son was wee! Look out Mensa here Abby comes!
Mine too. We tend not to watch kids tv as it drives me nuts, but MIL tends to do the "doggie" "ducky" "woof woof" thing. I shoot her a glance and she stops. How are they supposed to learn the real words???

But Mensa will show her a picture with a duck, a goose, a cormorant and a heron; and ask her to pick out the duck - they're sneaky like that :D
The beggars. Time to get my RSPB book out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->