Our Little Journey xBUDDIESx

Omgggg I've missed so much!! Misscyn massive massive congratulations on ur pregnancy!!! <3 LuLu what an amazing Bday gift ur baby girl is such a little doll she's perfect congratulations!!!! And sour skittle how r u??? My ticker is a day out, my due date is today the same as u :D I've had loads of pressure down below, period pains and BH, I'm off to midwife today for a sweep praying my cervix is favourable and it's possible for her to do one!! Will keep u updated! Big love to u ladies xxxxx

Hey! I was induced last night and had baby Scarlett this morning at 4:30 am!

Will update you guys more with a picture and birth story when I get home and get some much needed sleep! :) xo xo!

Good luck LoveBubble hope today is the day for you! :)

Thanks Ladies :)

Huge congrats Sour_Skittle! Hope everything went well and you and Scarlett are doing ok! :) Beautiful name too, can't wait for a pic! xxxxxx

Yay SourSkittle!! Congrats! I love the name too! Can't wait to see pics! :)

Here she is! Just the pic for now, will type up birth story later. Little Scarlett, my 2yr old, and 4 year old are keeping me on my feet. Lol

Scarlett Andrea Wray
Born 14 October 2014 @ 4:32 a.m. Weighing 7 lbs 14.8 oz (my biggest baby ever!)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 5
She's absolutely gorgeous, huge congratulations! Xxx

Congrats Hun she is gorgeous <3 making me very excited to meet my bubs.... 40+5 today let's hope he/she don't keep me n daddy waiting much longer :D will keep u updated ladies xxxx

Come on baby make an appearance for your mommy! Good luck and hoping for a quick and easy labor and delivery for you LoveBubble!

So here is the birth story from what I can remember. Once they come Into the world it all becomes foggy.

Monday I went in to my 39+6 doctors appointment. To be informed I would be induced that night due to medical concerns and the only opening they had for the week. Was shocked, swallowed my fear and headed in at 6:30 p.m.

Got there, with my two girls and husband. They had hoped to be there for the birth, but they didn't give my first dose of cervadil until 9 p.m. By 8 p.m. it was past my girls bed time, so I told them to get home and get some rest. I would call when things moved closer to delivery time.

30 minutes after receiving cervadil, babies heart rate kept rising, so they put me on oxygen and had me lay on my side, which helped. By 10:30 the contractions were getting a bit uncomfortable.

By 11 p.m. I had dilated to 4 cms and informed them ahead of time I would be needing an epidural... Sorry I'm big wuss... I tried going up medicated with my first and that was pure torture to me lol... So I knew my pain tolerance wouldn't be able to handle it. Last time it took 10 hours for them to get the anesthesiologist... Wasn't risking that again.

By 1 a.m., after they gave me a liter of water, gave me the epidural. By this time contractions were coming hard. It was so difficult sitting through the contractions as he prepped the needle and insertion site. I jumped the first time he put it, because my waters were breaking as I sat there waiting for the epi, I wasn't paying attention. He got mad of course... And had to reinsert. Glad I didn't paralyze myself. :wacko:

The epi wasn't working at first... It took a good 30 minutes for it to start working. By then I was a 6-7 cm dilated. Once it started working they let me rest for a good hour and a half. By 3 am I was an 8 cm and my OB was called, came in and said I was ready to push.

By now me epidural was working too well... I couldn't feel a thing, didn't know if I was even pushing or not.baby wasn't budging. After 30 minutes they realized baby was sunny side up. They left the room and the nurse worked with me to turn her. After some work baby turned. Once my OB came back in it only took two pushes and little Scarlett arrived at 4:32 am, weighing 7 lbs 14.8 oz on October 14 2014. :)

Just an update picture! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 4
Oh she's just scrumptious Sour Skittle! Thank you for the details. I remember with DD, the anesthesiologist also got angry with me when she tried to insert the needle because I moved and she kind of pricked her finger. Honestly that was the worst part of my delivery. This time I will attempt to go natural because my recovery was difficult last time. But I know very well that my good intentions may go out the window once I'm actually in labour.

And good luck LoveBubble, I wish you a quick and easy delivery.

Awwww what a little cutie pie she is! :)

Here is my birth story!

My waters started to go around midnight, only a tiny bit, followed by dull period type cramps in my tummy & back. I lay there for a while in denial...as I was 36+4, I was convinced this must be a false alarm! The cramping wasn't going away so I woke my OH, and ran a bath to see if that would help. The bath was good for a little bit, however the pain intensified quite quickly, coming and going in waves, so after a call to the antenatal dept. of the hospital, we went in.

On our arrival the pain was quickly getting worse and at this point the only thing I could think of was 'if this is a false alarm...i'm screwed for the real deal' haha! The midwife also kept telling me that 'I might not even be in labour yet' to which I really REALLY wanted to punch her clean on the nose. When the doctor got to me to check me at around 1am(ish) He told me I was 6cm dilated! I was so relieved, but also bricking it as I knew this was going to be it, and also because it was a lot earlier than i'd imagined.

Once I was in the delivery room they got me on the G&A which was heavenly, and in all honesty, amid the contractions the next 6-7 hours flew by...at one point I looked up and I was like...'It's light outside?!' lol.
I did ask if there was anything more I could have for the pain as I started feeling the urge to push, but the midwives said there wasn't much point as it wouldn't be much longer. I also kept telling my OH and the midwife that I really REALLY needed a poo. *cringe*

At around 7am I started pushing, which felt great, almost like a relief... at first. However she kept sort of moving back and forward in my pelvis with every push, and I felt like I was getting nowhere fast. The pain of pushing was getting really unbearable, like nothing I'd ever felt, and they'd taken the G&A away at this point, which was horrendous. When a more senior midwife checked me at around 8.30am, they finally established that Sophia was back to back. :dohh:

Soooo...they agreed that I'd need a bit of help getting her out, either assisted with forceps or c-section. I signed a bit of paper put under my nose from the doctor and they whipped me down to theatre where they numbed me from the waist down with a spinal block. I agree with you Misscyn, that part is totally awful, especially when the doctor was putting the needle in my back he kept warning me to stay really really still...even through my contractions/pushes. Easier said than done matey!! They gave me the G&A back (thank god) to get me through until the spinal kicked in. And when it did, oh wow. It was heavenly!! :cloud9: The doctor told me that if she didn't come out vaginally then they would do a c-section. Throughout my pregnancy the thought of a c-section had terrified me...but I was at a point now where I thought as long as she arrived safely, I really didn't mind how.

Luckily, two pushes and she was out with the aid of forceps and an episiotomy!

The only way I can describe my experience is the most horrendous, but the most amazing thing i've ever been through. I'd definitely do it again. Haha :)

Thanks for sharing Lulu! It's funny how the dilating part seems to have been the easiest part for you, whereas things got difficult at the pushing stage. It seems to be the opposite for most people. Well anyway it's nice that you avoided a c-section. How big was your baby?

As for myself, I had my scan yesterday at 21 weeks. Everything looks good but my due date has been pushed to March 3rd (instead of Feb 28). My bday is March 7 so I'm kind of hoping for a bday baby like you Lulu!

Aww how awesome would it be if you had a birthday baby too! I'll keep 'em crossed for you! :)

Sophia was 7lb 2oz - Don't get me wrong, the contractions were tough, gas and air helped - a lot! and the pushing felt like a relief to begin with, like I was pushing the pain out/away. I think if she had been in the correct position though, the pushing wouldn't have been so bad later on!

Wow that's really big for 36w. That's exactly what my daughter weighed, and I had her at 40w2d. It's a good thing you didn't make it to 40 weeks!

Awesome birth story! And wow at 6 cm when you went in! You are stronger than me. I'm bawling before 4 cm and praying to anyone and everyone that will listen. Lol.

Happy that little Sophia came into this world without much complications and hope you are recovering well!

And I agree what a big girl! My first and second were 7 lbs 1 oz at 40 weeks. So I'm guessing you guys didn't have to stay in the hospital long since her weight was reasonable?

Hope you are doing well other wise! :)

Wow that's really big for 36w. That's exactly what my daughter weighed, and I had her at 40w2d. It's a good thing you didn't make it to 40 weeks!

I know, right? I was huge throughout my pregnancy, it was a running joke in my office that I was going to have a 12lb baby!! she'd have been a whopper at full term...yowch!

Sour_Skittle - They kept me in until the following afternoon. We're both doing well thank you, the sleep deprivation is slowly killing me off though...:cry: I can't believe she's a month old already, it's gone so quickly, and it's mad how she changes so much all the time!

Hopefully we should be hearing from LoveBubble soon with news of her arrival!

Hiii ladies!!! My baby is here <3 a gorgoues baby boy Frankie John Fields, born 22nd October 17:22pm, 9lb 8oz!!!! I was induced at 41 weeks
Due to his heart rate dropping and lack of fetal movement thank god he is here now! Born naturally but with an episiotomy, will upload a birth story soon, I'm really poorly as I've ended up with mastitis which is agony and I'm feeling so rough, fever and shakes it's awful but who cares my little boy is worth every bit of pain!! :) love to u all xxxx

Aww congratulations LoveBubble. He's adorable! And what a big boy! You're lucky you were able to have a vaginal delivery! Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon. xox

Yay!!!! :happydance:

Congrats on such a handsome little man! What a cutie! Hope you get well soon!! I'm so so happy for you! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->