Our second wonderful home birth

snagglepat

Mum of 1, another cooking
Reaction score
I am overjoyed to announce that our beautiful new baby boy was born at 3:52am this morning, at home as planned. It was all rather fast and furious in the end so I missed out on getting in the pool - it was only about 6" deep when he was born. I also missed out on the tens machine. We hadn't checked it and when we got it out the bag we were missing a set of leads! The midwife brought spares but as I started pushing soon after she arrived we never got a chance to get them out. So I ended up giving birth on two paracetamol as my sole pain relief.

I'll write up the full story in the next few days but in summary after a false alarm on Saturday night I went to bed on Sunday night expecting nothing. I was woken at 12.30 by a huge, very painful contraction that went on and on, breaking my waters as I writhed with it. We called our team out immediately as they were coming almost on top of each other and v intense. By the time our midwife and doula were with me in the bathroom an hour later I was pushing at the peak of contractions. I then moved into the bedroom, got on my knees and stayed there through transition and into a second stage that was twice as long as my first and much more painful. We think this is when he turned from OP to OA. He was born at 3:52am and he's just perfect.

We've called him Brennan Gray and he looks just like a leaner version of his sister, despite weighing 8lb 13.5oz, a little more than she did. Ember adores him already, which is beautiful to see. As do we, of course. We couldn't be happier. :cloud9:

Photos and a better write up to follow.

best wishes to all,

Gina. x

Gina! Wow! Fast and furious indeed!! Enjoy your little man and can't wait to see pics. Hugs to all of you! Xx

Brilliant! Well done both of you and congratulations on the super homebirth after all that teasing!

Totally amazing Gina!!!
Huge congratulations, I'm tickled pink for you, your OH and Amber.
Can't wait to see the pictures of your little guy.XxX

Congratualtions!! Glad to hear it went well and you're both healthy :)

Congratulations!! Glad to hear it all went well, look forward to seeing pics of him :D xx

Huge congrats Snaggle!! Look forward to the full details! xxx

Congrats Gina!! Well done on another wonderful home birth! :) Enjoy your new son and time as a family! Can't wait to see some photos and hear more when you are up to it.. xx

congrats on your little boy Gina! Can't wait for a full story and piccies when you are feeling up to it!

Hugs congrats hun can't wait to read your story & see some pics! xx

Congratulations again! Wow, a long build up but then it sounds like he was in a hurry at the end! Can't wait to hear more details and see some photos xx

fantastic!! Big congrats to you both and Ember :hugs:

Huge congrats and well done!

congratulations and well done to you! :flower: and welcome to your new little baby boy :baby: :flower:

xx

Gina congrats! ! ! Can't wait to read the whole story and see your photos :)

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->