Our triplets are here!

J

Jessa

On Thursday, October 7th, I woke up at the normal time and thought it was going to be just another day. I was 33w1d pregnant with our triplets. As I was eating breakfast, I noticed that I was having more “tightenings”, as our doctor always called them, but I thought they were simply braxton hicks. I went ahead with my scheduled massage therapy appointment, but the tightenings continued. At about 11am I decided that I’d phone the doctor to see what they thought. Of course, since we live more than an hour from the hospital, he said that he thought we should come in to get checked out. I phoned hubby at work and he came home, picked me up and off we went.

On our way to the hospital, we were pulled over by the police for speeding – 137km/h in a 100km/h zone. At first, he didn’t believe hubby when he told him that we may be in labour with triplets and had to get to the hospital. When the police officer saw the three installed car seats in the back of our van though, he quickly changed his tune. He let us off with a warning and a lecture about driving carefully. Pretty funny though and it adds nicely to the story.

We got to the hospital and I was examined. I was 1cm dilated, but I had been 1cm at 28 weeks so there really had been no change. They said they’d like to wait a couple hours just to make sure nothing else happened. Good thing we waited because, during those two hours, I started having regular – and painful – contractions. Of course, at this point, they decided there was no way I was going home and admitted me.

They put a nitroglycerin patch on my arm that is intended to stop labour in its early stages. They gave me the first of two steroid shots to help develop the babies lungs faster. Over the course of the next 48 hours, hubby and I stayed in the hospital. The patch stopped the contractions eventually and we were able to get both steroid shots in.

On the evening of Saturday, October 9th, they removed the patch at 5pm. By 1am Sunday morning, I was having contractions again. My body obviously had decided that it was time for us to meet our babies!

I had regular contractions from 1am until the c-section at 11am. They didn’t want to give me any pain medication because it would interfere with the c-section, however, they couldn’t do the section earlier because the anesthesiologist was busy with an emergency. So, I suffered in pain for 10 hours! Ridiculous! I hadn’t prepared myself for the pain of labour and contractions because I knew all along that I would be having a c-section. I’m sort of glad I got to experience it though since we’re not planning on having anymore babies…..

Our triplets were born on 10/10/10 at 33w4d by c-section just after 12pm. Marley came first, weighing 5lbs. Eli came second, weighing 5lbs2oz. Leah came last, weighing 4lbs13oz. (October 10th also happens to be MY birthday. Crazy, eh? :wacko:)

Marley and Leah were immediately put in a crib together and were breathing room air. Eli was on CPAP for a few hours and then was given just a bit of extra oxygen for a couple days. He then joined his sisters in the crib.

All three babies are now 13 days old. They’re gaining weight and breastfeeding like troopers. Marley and Eli are off of their monitors and Leah will follow in the next couple days. We’re told we may be ready to go home within the next week. I can hardly wait to have our babies home – and for me to go home since I’ve been staying about five minutes from the hospital since I was discharged myself.

Thank you to all my BnB friends for all the encouragement and support over the last weeks/months/years. :hugs:

https://i54.tinypic.com/2uhmqdt.jpg

:hugs: Congratulations, your babies are beautiful, and Ive been reading you journal with nothing but sheer admiration for you :hugs:

x

Just wanted to say wow and a huge congratulations they look adorable.

omggg how precious are your beautiful 3!!!!!! how i wish you all the happiness with those little beauties :) so excited for the fun future you all have ahead of you!!!

Fabulous story Jessa! Thank you so much for sharing this, and the rest of your journey with us! x x x

CONGRATS Jessa!!!! :dance: So happy they are all here safe and sound :hugs:

omg Jessa they are beautiful

well done to you and hubby xxxx

awww they are beautiful - what a precious photo :) x

Congrats again hun! I loved reading your story detailed out like that. You're amazing and your little ones are absolutely stunning. :cloud9: Such a blessing!!

They are gorgeous! Love the names too! Huge congrats :D

Gorgeous, gorgeous babies you have there. Well done you xx

That is a wonderful birth story Jessa! I'm so happy for you!! xxx

Congrats 3 timnes over! Your babies are adorable and what a great birthday present for you as well.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->