Out and about- reuseable wipes

mrsholmes

Reaction score
How do u manage to wet them when your out? I only use them at homt atm. thanks x

We just took them, dry, and a small spray bottle of our solution and used them the same as when at home. We just threw the used ones in the wetbag with the diapers

i do the same but i use a sports bottle with my solution in it:)

i used to use a spray bottle but it was soo hard and took so long to get the wipe wet enough that i ended up reverting to wet wipes, im gna try the sports bottle idea though cos it sounds like a much better plan

x

I had the same problem, the sports bottle is a very good idea! anyone tried pre wetting them?

i tried pre wetting but they were either too wet or not wet enough :dohh: and i always made too many or tooo little ....so i either ran out or had loads left and they went stale :dohh: ................... needless to say i gave up on that !!! LOL

I usually use disposable wipes as we have LOADS of ones we got free (samples etc) left, but I have used washable ones occasionally. I only really change Leyla in places where the baby change is in the disabled loo or a separate baby room and they always have a sink, so I just used them with plain water. If I wanted to add solution, I'd take a spray bottle of it along too.

I use a waterproof bag i made and store some wet ones in there and use them like that, i did used to take them in a little red box i got free with some sposies but i couldn't fit enough for a full day in them so ended up taking them and wet wipes with me which was pointless so if i am out all day i take sposie wipes but if not i take my home made washy wipes.

i did used to take them in a little red box i got free with some sposies but i couldn't fit enough for a full day in them

was that the huggies wipes box? i got one of those and it was too small... but then i saw that they actually sell the boxes in sainsbury's (with 16 wipes in) for £1.16 and i had a £1 off huggies wipes voucher so it was only 16p. think i'm gonna start taking both boxes i have with washable wipes in now :)

oh and if anybody is thinking about buying one of those sets with all the bits you need, including the box to keep your wipes in when you're at home, i didn't bother and use the pampers wipes ox i got in the bounty pack at the hospital - it works a treat :)

Ive got a tupperwear box from tesco with clip sides about £2 and u can fit a small sparay bottle in there too (set from wilko £1) and 10 wipes. the paint stripper comment on another thread made me get my arse into gear lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->