Out of date milk

LeannieB

Toby and Sam xx
Reaction score
Hi we all had breakfast this morning before the school run and when I got back home I went to get Sam a drink of milk and saw the milk I used on our bfast was out of date 2 days ago. It didnt smell or anything. Do you think it will be ok? Thanks in advance x

Will be fine I often use milk a day or so out of date. If its off, you'd smell it x

If it didn't smell or seem off it should be fine! Best before is an estimate.

If you all ate it fine without feeling sick I'm sure it's ok, you would've been able to smell and see from the texture that it was off :)

I am so paranoid with food but with dairy I ignore the dates and just stick to if it smells ok, skimmed and semi skimmed milk in particular can last much longer than the date I have found. You can't miss dairy being off!

I once used milk that was a week out of date. As long as it looks, smells, and tastes ok you should be fine x

If it was bad it'd smell or be yellow and you'd know. Milk is really easy to spot if it's bad because it would taste horrid! You'll be fine like the others said xx

yep i think you will be fine Hun, i have drank out of date milk too, and not relied! xxx

Honestly if you all ate it and noone smelt or tasted anything odd then it was fine!

I always drink milk past the sell by date, I hardly even look now. It's all curdled and smells sour if its off so it sounds fine in your case

Another one here who drinks out of date milk. If it smells ok and hasn't curdled or separated then I drink it.

I don't pay attention to the dates. It's normally 'best before' anyway.
I just always smell it first and if it smells and looks fine, it's fine :)

I used skimmed milk 7-10days 'out of date' as it's practically water.

I'm a Food Scientist....don't get me started on Best Before Dates :dohh:

If it stinks.....don't drink! If it doesn't then it's fine.

I smell milk every time I use it, regardless of the date, and throw it out if it starts to smell sour. So if it smelled alright, I would use it.

If it smells, it's out, if not, it's good. You'd know if it were really bad...

what about for everything else lol.is a day past fine for most things?

what about for everything else lol.is a day past fine for most things?

Of course. Well, for fresh things like dairy and meat and stuff. They have no idea when it will be going bad. It can go bad before the date or long after, it's just an educated guess.

Manufactured things, on the other hand, generally last longer, but I pay more attention to the dates because I don't know exactly what has gone into it and how processed it was.

ETA: I sniff a lot more closely past date, but it's usually good. Remember, on meat, brown is not bad, it just means oxygen. Smell is bad.

thanks i had a pork 1 day past it was in a vacuum sealed type pack. seemed fine

Itll be absolutley fine. with Milk youd know right away by smell and taste if it was bad! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->