Out of my mind upset pls help **UPDATED pg4!**

sarahchops86

lexie and logan's mummy
Reaction score
I have now been crying hysterically for 2hrs...
So I got a doppler (hibebe 200) and had absolutely no intention of using it until my 12week scan on 6th jan, but it arrived today and i saw posts from people saying they had heard hb at 8 weeks etc, and couldnt help myself and i heard absolutely nothing except my own hb...
looked for 15 mins then gave up till i had a full bladder and looked for a good 30mins and still nothing, thought i heard placenta at one stage but although it was a wooshing sound i think again it was my heartbeat cause it seemed far too slow.
I had a scan at 7+3 and baby measured 7+0 with heartbeat.
Just before i tried to find it i assured myself that if i didnt hear anything then I would def put it away for a few weeks but now i really didnt hear anything i am utterly devestated :cry: and just cant seem to relax and have managed to convince myself that ive lost the baby. I really dont know what to do. Im 9+4 or 9+1 today

even midwifes can not always find a heartbeat at 16 week apppointment when there is one as its really difficult to find early on and they have years of experience, please dont worry yourself xx

Oh sweetie, I hate when that happens but it doesn't mean anything is wrong. It's quite possible that you'll hear it the very first time you try another day, though I would recommend you don't try any more today.

Whereabouts are you looking? Are you checking right down in your pubes? You have to be pretty much spot-on to be able to hear baby at 9 weeks.

Please don't worry!

Ive heard that you shouln't try to find the heartbeat untill about 10 - 12 weeks so maybe its just too early. If you are really worried you could always do another HPT just to put your mind at ease.
My aunt did the same thing and made herself worry for nothing, remember getting stressed is not good for you or the baby!

Don't worry. FX for you xxxxx

Yup my midwife couldn't find the heartbeat when I was 9 weeks...defo nothing to worry about, don't panic :)

Hunni not everyone can hear the HB that early on. If you heart the placenta that suggests all is well as yes it will be your HB in the placenta.

Please do not worry hun. I am sure baby will be fine. Dopplers are great when your further on for reassurance (I have hired one myself). But they say if you are earlier than 15/16 weeks then try, but do not expect to find it. That way you do not get upset and worried.

I know its hard not to worry hunni, but it really is early to hear.

If you do decide to try again, hold the doppler in the middle just above your pubic bone and angle it down. Hold it there for a few minutes as baby is so so small at this stage and moves around like mad, so if your lucky you may catch the HB as baby moved about. But this is why it is so hard to find hunni, because they have so much space in there to bounce around and do not stay still much.

HTH x

its far too early IMO! i wouldnt touch mine til 15 weeks!

using it in 1st tri normally causes upset in the majority of users - its just so early! those who have managed are just lucky!

Oh hun try not to worry! 9 weeks is so early to hear the heartbeat with a doppler, that is why midwives will not try until at least 14 weeks!

It is good you heard placental wooshing, it means the blood is still being pumped to the baby! It is such a worrying time though. I remember feeling very VERY anxious until after my 12 weeks scan.

I have always found the hb easier to find first thing in the morning so maybe you could try that? If not maybe try again in a few days. Baby is still very small and has so much room to wriggle around at the moment that it can be really difficult to find.

Good luck and keep us updated

x

i couldnt find my lo's heartbeat till 15 weeks hun on the doppler, please dont worry xx

shop bought dopplers do not work as good as professional ones it depends on what your frames is bigger ladies tend to hear it later , how baby is positioned ect, at 9 weeks as another girl stated so professional ones cant find the heartbeat, and ones that have said they have are more than likely confusing there own hb for babies please dont worry yourself

Oh sweetie. It is too early. Just because some people are lucky enough to hear their little one's heartbeat doesn't mean there is something wrong with yours. Really try and leave the doppler for a good few weeks yet unless you can promose yourself you won't worry if you can't hear anything. Maybe when you have your scan next and you know they have seen the heartbeat, at least then if you don't hear it you know it's just cos little one is hidden and not for any other reason.

Try not to worry xx

Thanks ladies, the rational part of my brain (small as it is lol) is telling me not to be so stupid. When OH gets home hes gonna be angry for me even trying! Im def not going to try again for a good while now in fact im going to give it to a friend to keep for me until my scan cause i clearly just cannot be trusted xx

:hugs:

even at 17 weeks i often struggled to find her!

I know how you feel - having the same problem - although I think I may have heard it at some point but Im just not sure. And then I didnt hear it for long before it disapeared - im sure its just because its too soon.

Ive put it away and did a hpt yesterday which was strong, so thats reassuring and I have my scan tuesday.

Hope you relax and try again in a few weeks if you can wait that long.

Hi, my friend went to the midwife yesterday and she is 13 weeks and 5 days and even the midwife couldnt find the babys heartbeat, she had a scan the week before so knows every things fine. I think it just takes a little longer for some.

if it's any consolation, even at 16 weeks my consultant couldn't find it, although we saw baby on screen...4 days later at my antenatal appt, there was heartbeat at 150bpm!!!!

If you're VERY worried, maybe visit the epu?

I'm sure it's fine though...some people are just lucky ;)

Nicola xx

Listen hun, heres a funny story about the very same doppler......

I got mine delivered 2 weeks ago and got the whole family on speaker phone and let them listen to "The Baby".... Me and OH were all smug and proud.

My mum was tipsy at the weekend and let it slip that it was my heart beat and it was far too slow for the baby. None of them had the heart to tell us!!!

Very embarrassing! I still cant find it, and I am getting bored even trying to find it!

Dont worry as the girls have said even mw can have problems locating it!

Try not to worry hun...it took my dr a very long time to find my baby's heart beat today and I'm 12 weeks.

I went through exactly the same panic mode. Convinced myself something was wrong when everything is fine. I used one and couldnt hear the hearbeat until around 14 weeks. Dont worry!!!! (I know, easier said then done!) :hugs:

To be fair, a lot of girls say they "feel" or "hear" the heartbeat at such an early stage, when in reality, they are feeling their own pulse and blood pumping as your heart works so much harder during pregnancy and there is an increase of blood.

So take things you read and hear with a grain of salt - if many women's doctors can't hear it or struggle WEEKS after your date (12 weeks+), do you really think girls are actually hearing the HB at home??? Maybe some do, but likely not.

Pregnant girls (especially their firsts) are just so keen on believing every pump and gas bubble is the baby, but it often isn't, especially in 1st tri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->