out of our bed?

Layla

Reaction score
Since Adam was born Coby has been coming in our bed during the night, we wait for him to fall asleep then put him back in his bed, that normaly works but for the past 2 weeks or so he has woken up and cried to come back in with us.

He cuddles right in to us to sleep and likes to have skin to skin contact.

Trouble is, me and Jase are really starting to suffer with our backs, we wake up each morning with a terrible back ache across the toppart of our backs, after we are up and about for a while it goes..

How can we stop Coby from coming in with us?
I plan to take him back in to his bed right away and just say, your bed, then stay with him till he falls asleep, i know it will be hard and he will cry for a week or so, but im hoping after 2 weeks he will get the message and stay in his bed.

Has anyone else done this? did it work or am i just kidding myself?

Can anyone suggest anything else?

Thanks

x

if i was in your shoes hun, i would put him straight back in bed, and if he comes back out of bed keep putting him back in it first time say night night, then after that don't say anything. It has worked on kacy when she didn't want to stay in her bed i counted and it took me over a 100 times putting her back in bed before she got the message, but it did work.

hope it gets better soon

i think you just have to be tough, and dont let him fall asleep in you bed, as when he wakes up he gets confused as he's not where he fell asleep.
As soon as he comes in to your bed take him back to his bed, but don't fall into the habit of staying with him untill he goes to sleep or you will have anyother habit to break. stand by the door and gradually move out.
it will be hard but he will get the idea.

I went through this with my daughter. She constantly kept coming into our bedroom. I just ignored it at first , thought if i made a fuss she would just keep coming in. It worked for awhile until she started it up again.

I bought some fairy lights and put them around her curtains and keep her door wide open. The fairy lgihts are turned off as soon as she has fallen asleep but with her door wide open and ours she says thats better for her.

Do you close both of your doors? Maybe try opening them and show him this and that you will be only there but there is no need to sleep with mummy and daddy as you are close by. Hasnt failed since, she seems much more calmer and even runs to her bed knowing that our door is open next to hers!

Good Luck i know how fustrating it is and with the back ache!!! :hugs:

He has a night light in his room plus the light from the landing shines in, we dont shut his door but we so shut ours.

We take him up to bed between 7 and 8 and lay on the bed with him, he lays down and goes to sleep lovely, he stays there untill early hours then comes in with us, i dont get why he will go to sleep in his bed but wont stay there over night.

I will just be tough and keep taking him back in, hopefuly it wont take long before he gets the idea

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->