Outburst after 5 months

Discussion in 'Miscarriage Support' started by todteach, Oct 12, 2008.

1. todteach

todteach Dreams can come true

Just came home after what was suppose to be a lovely thanksgiving dinner at my sister inlaws. Had a wee outburst. Suddenly (after two drinks, obviously not drunk) I started talking about some of the insensitive comments that I've heard from friends after my miscarriage. I don't know what came over me, I feel so embarassed now.

My husband had left early from his sister's to go to work. And I just started ranting and raving about some friend's comments that were said to me months ago. I then noticed that my husband's family was just staring at me, thinking omg what do i say. I shut my big mouth in embarassment. How humiliating. I should be over it by now, obviously I'm not. I'm so embarrassed. :blush: Do I call and apologize or forget that it happened? Don't know what to do.

2. cleckner04

cleckner04 Well-Known Member

Wow. Tough situation. It's hard to say what could fix it but I think if I was in that situation I'd probably apologize if it were me. For no other reason but to show that you aren't a complete lunatic. Sorry you had a rough day though. I don't know that the whole MC subject will ever get easier for any of us.

3. chrissie33

chrissie33 Mummy to two monkeys

Oh honey, firstly I think you should stop beating yourself up over it... it is quite plain that the pain is still there - I am still sensitive after my 1st mc 2 years ago so dont give yourself a hard time. You were with family and I am sure that they went away thinking that it was not like you to react that way and will understand. I agree with cleckner, if it were me, I would give SIL a ring just to say that I was sorry for outburst and dont know what came over me - I am sure she will understand.... give yourself a break though, you have been through enough and should not have to be worrying about other people. xx

4. tillymum

tillymum New mom

I'd just give your SIL a call, i'm sure they understand but probably didn't know what to say. I too had my mmc in may and If you are anything like me with a quickly approaching due date it's on my mind more each day right now, so don't be so hard on yourself and i'm sure they understand.

5. leeanne

leeanne Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2

:hug:

Hope that they understand, and they really should understand all that you've been through.

6. Jemma_x

Jemma_x Mummy and Engaged

Hun im sure they'll understand after everything you've been through, maybe give your SIL a call but im sure they understand :hug:

7. nightkd

nightkd Mum to two!

I'd probs just give em a call, just say something like "Sorry for that little outburst the other night, I just needed to get some things off my chest," or somesuch. I'm sure they'll understand. :)