outlook not good!

Moulder86

Fiancé & mum to one
Reaction score
Well looks like I might end up having to do all this on my own!

I haven't been with my boyfriend long and at first he was over the moon now he's saying he doesn't want the baby.

I know it's going to be hard but I'm having it whether he likes it or not. I'm so confused I don't know what's going on at the moment and this is a real kick in the teeth.

Sxx

oh hun, i am sorry to hear that, you will be fine, will you have support from your family, but there is a lot of fantasic mums on here that are single mums, and you will get alot of support from all of us, big huggggggg

Some men are animals - shed the seed and disappear. But at the end of the day he's the one who is going to be letting his child down.

Sorry to hear about your OH. Have you sat down and talked throughly over whats causing him to react like that now?

Perhaps he may just be a little scraed of what the future holds and its normal to feel like that.

But as Skiwi said, im sure if you do have to do this alone you wont actually be alone at all.. not really. Im sure you will get plenty of support from your family and friends and of course Baby and BUmp is always here for that extra support you migth need and when bubs is born... you will always have each other x

Hun, I am so sorry you are going through this! It could all be that it is starting to sink in and he is just panicing? Give him time, but remember that no matter what happens, you are going to have a bundle of joy out of this and depending on how involved he is in your life, will determine whether he is going to be a moron and miss out on years of love and joy! You will find the strength to do it alone if you have to, and you will not even miss him! x

https://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n86/no1tam/Hugs/000bigblinky_ani_bearhugs.gif

Had my first alone... it is hard, but not impossible. If you have a good family and friend support system you'll be fine.

Just don't let yourself start to resent the fact you ended up with the work, and he gets to galavant around the country free as a bird. I started that when DD was probably 6-9 months old, and it makes things a lot harder because every wonderful mommy task is resented.

It helped me to remember that he had to look in the mirror everyday and know he abandoned his child, and I got to see that precious baby smile and get baby hugs everyday!

Sorry your OH is a twit. I'm sure you can do it and I bet you'll make a good Mother!

Dont worry you will make a GREAT mommy and its him who will be missing out on a wonderful child!!!!:hugs:

Hi

I just wanted to share my story with you, I do hope it will help and make you feel better. Ill try not to waffle on too much and cut to the chases lol.

I first got pregnant at the age of 17 to older lad, and we hadn’t been together that long. At first he was over the moon then things started to change him going out spending all the money texting other lasses ect.

I wasn’t strong enough at the time to leave thinking I can’t do this on my own i’m 17 and scared. I clung on the hope that things would change but things didn’t. When my little one was 6 month old I final found the courage to leave and be a single mum with help and support from family and friends.

It was the best thing I ever did. It made a stronger and more independent person.

Don’t get me wrong it was a struggle I working full time, winter mornings pushing my little one in all sorts of weather to nursery a 20 min walk and bringing jack up on my own.

His dad (who now walks round pushing his daughter in a pram) doesn’t have any thing to do with jack, due to his choice, which at times really breaks my heart.

But throw all the hard times they is so much joy, happiness and love that makes it all worthwhile.

I was so proud to say I am a single mum, I do this on my own, and I am proud the way my son is.

I watched him walking into school i’m so proud of him so proud to say (might sound silly to some people lol) that uniform he has on i have worked for that I bought him it no body else me. Silly things like manners he uses I taught him them, his bedtime routine I did that, the love he has for me a taught him that by showing him so much love.

5 and half years on I have now met so one else who is fanatic and believe me I thought I would be on my own for ever, but do you no what I made a promise to myself when I left his dad that if I had to be on my own and be a single parent till jack was older I would do that and put the whole of my life and energy into him and be a good mum.

So my advice is, if you can sort it than fantastic, but if they are doubts that it won’t work, follow your heart.

You can do this on your own or not!

I wish you all the best and if you ever need anyone to talk to feel free to contact me.

Thank you all so much for your support, I've been trying to sort things out and I'm still not really sure what's going on.

He's saying that we're going to be fine, he's just scared and nervous and needs to sort his head out but once his drinking cuts down, he’ll feel ok to go to work, once he’s working he’ll have more money coming in and worries will stop and he’ll be ok and just got to get his head round things.

But I don’t want him to be with me because he thinks he’s doing the right thing, I want him to be with me because he wants to be. I can’t cope with many more of these episodes, it gets me down to much.

I don’t want to go along thinking everything’s ok, then before the babies born I’m left on my own! There's no way I’m going against everything I believe in, I’m still going to have the baby and love it as much as I can no matter what happens.

Thank you everyone I really appreciate your support.

Sxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->