Ovarian Cyst & Fibroid; I have...do you? Support?

BrainsBeauty

Reaction score
Hello Ladies, at the beginning of March I went to my ob/gyno which is also an infertility clinic and I found out what was wrong. I was told I have ovarian cyst on one of my ovaries and a fibroid tumor in my uterus which is benign. I've been in a funk and and my husband has noticed. I even stopped having sex with him because I didn't see the point since the likelihood of me getting pregnant was difficult. I recently received a sermon from from Pastor "Don't Give Up In The Valley" I'm still in more testing and am trying to be positive but I have a terrible feeling and the closer it gets to Mother's Day the more the feeling of never being a mom hurts. Well I guess to the point: Does anyone else suffer from ovarian cyst, a fibroid or both? What are you doing to still try and get pregnant? Are there any success stories? Has anyone overcame it somehow? I'm unsure where to post but does anyone know someone who's gotten pregnant with this condition? I could really use some encouraging words. Baby Dust To You All!!

I've basically always had ovarian cysts. I've never had fibroids though.
The cyst never hindered conception or the pregnancy. With my last pregnancy, it was 16 cm. I finally had it removed, and they had to take the entire ovary and fallopian tube.

I would imagine it's the fibroid that is more bothersome to conception than the cyst.

Good luck. Sorry you're struggling so much.

same here..i had a 10cm cyst that was causing a lot of pain and i had to have the whole left tube and ovary removed. still trying for number 3. i am really struggling with continuing. I know ihave two beautiful girls but i would love more and so would dh. After two m/c's and every month af arriving , i am just feeling blah about it all

Hey, I've also had ovarian cysts and have one now. Two years ago I had surgery and they removed 3 from my left ovary which totaled 12cm and 2 from my right ovary. The Dr I had was awesome and was able to save both ovaries. I now have a 3cm cyst in my left ovary and have been told TTC asap because surgery again on my left ovary might not turn out so well. I also suffer from pcos so it is making the return to normal cycle after being on bcp very hard. Right now I'm working on losing weight to help with my cycles.

I was diagnosed with pcos and fibroids 4 years ago.I was told both my ovaries were covered in cysts and the fibroids were not just in the womb but outside it too.I was advised by 4 different Dr's that my best option was to have a hysterectomy (not something you want to hear at 30).Although i have two boys i refused the hysterectomy as i thought that one day i might like another child.The Dr's said the chances of me concieving in future were Very Very slim.This year i spoke to the Dr about getting the hysterectomy done as the symptoms of both conditions were getting worse.I decided i should try and lose some weight, exercise lots and take multi vitamins, so my recovery would be better. Me and my partner also decided we may aswell stop using condoms because we were convinced from the Dr's i wouldn't get pregnant. Well 2 weeks ago after only having unprotected sex twice i found out i am pregnant.I took 6 tests as i couldn't believe what i was seeing.I am about 6 weeks gone and still cannot believe it.I would advise you all not to give up hope.

Oh wow that's such a nice story Mother of 2 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->