Over 30, expecting #1

Hello ladies,

I am 37 and expecting my first. Had to take Clomid for 6 cycles to help with my ovulation. It worked for me on the 6th cycle :happydance:. So far pregnancy has been really good. Tiredness and little nausea here and there but feeling that baby is helping me keep up with my physical activities. I am a group fitness instructor and teach a lot of fitness classes still.
I have my 16th week doctor appointment tomorrow and can't wait for the doctor to put that doppler on my belly so I can hear baby's heart beat:). Then one more month and hubby and I can find out the sex of the baby:). So excited:)!

Mayalake, where in the bay are you? I lived in SF for years before moving to Phoenix. Talk about culture shock.

We chose to find out the sex and are having a little boy. :)

I'm in San Jose. Spend a little time with friends up in SF. I don't know how you did it. I'm not sure that I could ever leave here, but Arizona is one place I have never been. Sounds hot though. H&H9m to you!

Hey Ladies

I just turned 32, OH is about to turn 42. This is my first, his second so at least he is good at stopping me freaking out! Baby is due somewhere around Feb 10th. I have complete faith in my dates which would place it at Feb 17th which were backed up by a private scan at 9 weeks, but at my 12 week scan baby had jumped ahead by a week! Now I have the most enormous bump already I am thinking I will be giving birth to a hulk rather than a baby!

We lost two pregnancies at 5 weeks so when I fell pregnant with this baby I worried CONSTANTLY! I still check toilet paper every single time even though everything is hopefully going to plan. We had sex a few times in the first tri and it did worry me a bit (as my last miscarriage was showing blood after sex - didnt know we were pregnant at the time), but after a particularly rainy holiday last week cooped up in a caravan in Devon, we had to find a way to entertain ourselves and baby survived an exceptionally physical week!!

Have got my 20 week scan tomorrow, am soooo excited, I have been waiting for this day for sooo long, thought it would never come. I am a planner anyway so would never be able to wait to find out until it pops out in a few more months.

As for the work / stay at home mum discussion, I would soooooo love to stay at home with baby but we cant afford it. I have no idea how we will afford just a few months off :(

I tried to hold off telling most of my family until I had had my 12 week scan after losing the other two. I wanted to make sure all was ok first. I had told my mum though at 8 weeks, who told my grandad, who let it slip to my brother.... best laid plans and all that! I had to tell work though as my job is quite dangerous and I had to completely change my role to accommodate a safe pregnancy so EVERYONE there knew, am so suprised nobody let it slip on Facebook!

Got a doppler today, what a fantastic toy that is, think I could become addicted!

Hi ZoMo! Congrats! So sorry to hear about your 2 angels but it sounds good for this one! 20 week scan must be soooo exciting! Where did you get ur doppler? I'm seriously considering one but i think i'll wait till bubs gets alittle bigger so i don't stress if i can't find the hb:blush: (I know i'll do that to myself) Did you find the hb right away?

Hi Lizzy!
I guess I am graduating!
15DPO and testing positive on 4 tests. (1 wasn't enough)

Good to meet you all also!

:happydance:YAY!:happydance:
I am so happy to see you, DHime!
You won't believe it, but this thread just exploded today- they must have known you were coming and got the party started for you:winkwink:

Hi Lizzy!
I guess I am graduating!
15DPO and testing positive on 4 tests. (1 wasn't enough)

Good to meet you all also!

:yipee::yipee: CONGRATS !!!! :wohoo::wohoo:

PS My grand total pos test was 9 so you"re not crazy lol

Hi ZoMo! Congrats! So sorry to hear about your 2 angels but it sounds good for this one! 20 week scan must be soooo exciting! Where did you get ur doppler? I'm seriously considering one but i think i'll wait till bubs gets alittle bigger so i don't stress if i can't find the hb:blush: (I know i'll do that to myself) Did you find the hb right away?

I got my doppler on Ebay, it is virtually impossible to find any in the shops over here, I could only find one that you need to be 6-7 months+ to use and it wouldnt work for me anyway as I am a bigger girl and need a higher frequency detection. I have got the Hi Bebe one and it works wonderfully. Both my midwife and a doctor had trouble finding the HB and my OH didnt want me to get one thinking I will panic if I cant find it. It has taken me about 10 mins both times I have tried it but I have found it in the end, funnily enough, OH found it first time with a random guess at where baby may be hiding! :haha:

Oh and my friend who has the Hi Bebe (and is not overweight) was using it successfully from 10 weeks.

I also have a hi bebe and I love it. For a while I was using it every day! Now that baby is move around so much, I do n't use it as often, but still like to check in on him every once in awhile.

I think i may be looking for one sooner than i thought! I'm thin to average with a couple of bloat pounds on me now so maybe it'll work.

Thanx for the info ladies!! That is why i love these threads so much everyone is so nice!

ZoMo and Mrs. AJ- thanks for the reviews. I banned myself from buying a doppler until I am further along because I know I would start looking for the heart beat waaaay too soon. Like I need something else to make me act crazier :wacko:

Also, I am trying to do some more research on the power and safety of each kind but the arguments for both sides are pretty convoluted.:shrug:
Some say sonar technology is completely safe and some say ALL sonar technology is bad.

I don't think I can wait the 20 weeks it can take to hear the heartbeat with a fetoscope :shock: so this baby is getting pinged at least once or twice :haha:

I thought I would be driving myself crazy with a doppler whichis why I put it off until now but I think that having heard the baby today, it would have saved me some stressing through the reassurance!

I thought I would be driving myself crazy with a doppler whichis why I put it off until now but I think that having heard the baby today, it would have saved me some stressing through the reassurance!

This is exactly how I feel! I wish I'd bought it earlier, I am sure it would have saved me some stress.

Heard my babies heartbeat today, its such an awesome thing :)

Anyone else around the 16 week mark here, apparently this is almost the time to start feeling them move around I can't wait!

Hi all, I'm pregnant with my first and i'm 36 years old - hubby is 37. We expect our little boy to make his appearance on Jan 6th....very exciting!

Oh and i'm a habitual TP checker...still!

I just watched More Business of Being Born: Part 2- Special deliveries and it was so cool! Lots of honesty, it seems like. I like MBoBB Pt 1, also.

Anyone else see it?

AnimalCracker Thanks for the birthday wishes, I had a great day. Nice to see someone else around the same time as me, when's your next scan?

AllI'm going to be taking a year off all going well and then see how things go. I love my job but I only earn a little bit more than the cost of nursery would be. Actually I don't know how we'll afford things but we couldn't put it off any longer really, there would never be a perfect time financially so we'll have to muddle through x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->