Over 30 & still trying for baby #1

Happy Mother's Day ladies, I hope we are all holding our little ones in our arms this time next year :)

Did you test today buttrfly or flou?

We must be due our next wave of bfp's, come on lines we want to see you :)

Itsawonder I'm glad they are keeping an eye on baby's weight, and glad all is ok, not long to go now :)

Ruby's toe thankfully looks much better today, hopefully it continues to scab well and she doesn't need antibiotics :)

Happy Mother's Day everyone!! Thinking of you all today.

Flou and Buttrfly - any tests today? Good luck when you do!

HH - How are you feeling today?

Melly - How is the TWW going?

Happy Mother's Day, all. :D

The TWW is going slowly! Good thing I'm busy though. :lol:

Mrsduck glad Ruby is doing better! Happy first Mother's Day to you!

How are you doing itsawonder?

Come on BFP for melly and flou. Flou I know you said mom or tues AF would be due..are you testing?

I did test yesterday and it was bfn but it was also 7 dpo lol. TWW is dragging!

Popped in to see if there were any testers today. Good luck ladies!!!

Just got off the phone with my doctor - not great news, not terrible news. The baby is small but is also proportionate. They need to keep a closer eye on me. This Thursday I will have an u/s with my doctor to check breathing rates, activity etc. The following Thursday I will have a comparison growth scan to make sure the baby is growing. If anything looks out of the ordinary at any point they will induce me. Although they are not officially calling it IUGR, it's what they are concerned about. If I attempt a vaginal delivery and the baby is still small, should the heart rate decrease with contractions, they will do an emergency c-section.

The most important thing is that my baby is safe - however he or she comes out - but it's still a lot to take in at the moment.

Unfortunately we do not have a NICU at our hospital. If the baby is struggling in any way after delivery they send the baby to a hospital 4+ hours away. The mom only gets to go if she is stable and there is enough room on the helicopter or jet which usually is not the case. The father can then drive there. I know I shouldn't worry about that unless I have to but I am easily scared these days.

Luckily my boss will not be in until late today b/c I can't really seem to focus to get any work done. Going to try to take it easy the next few days and eat lots of food to keep weight on me and hopefully on the baby.

That is certainly a lot. I'm really glad they're keeping a good eye on you, I feel like the worst outcomes for IUGR is when it's a surprise and they're not ready for it. That said, I don't know much about it, I hope baby keeps growing and you have a hassle-free vaginal birth and get to keep baby with you!

Thanks Melly - I keep trying to remind myself that I live at 9,000 ft. High elevation equates to small babies. Most likely my baby is fine and just small. I had a huge lunch just in case though. Try to fatten this kid up a bit - get those nutrients to pass through!

Itsawonder I hope you are ok. Try to stay positive...sounds like they will monitor you and the baby closely. Every step is a worry isn't it? I haven't been able to relax at all with this pregnancy after the mc last time, keep expecting it to go wrong!

Mrsduck glad to hear Ruby's toe is on the mend!

C'mon bfps! FC for all the TTC ladies xx

I'm feeling ok. Started feeling kicks every day now. It's magical!

Itsawonder I hope you are ok, I'm glad you and baby are being closely monitored and I'm sure all will be fine :)

Highhopes it's the best feeling isn't it, I do miss my bump and all all the kicks and movements

Any testers yet?

Buttrfly, did you test again? Now it's 9DPO for you!!!

I'm 7DPO here. Six days until my period is due. I swear to god, I feel so optimistic! I don't know why! Last night I dreamt I was in hospital just having given birth and I was doing the math in my head "But it's May! I can't have had a baby yet, I only got my implant out four months ago! Is the baby premature? No?? Maybe the implant stopped working?!".

Hi ladies AF arrived on time unfortunately on Monday. I did have my u/s scan today and all looks normal.

Itsawonder I hope you are ok and however your little one comes into the world as long as it is safe and your baby is healthy you have nothing to worry about.

Melly and buttrfly fxd for bfps!

Your symptoms were so good flou, I'm so sorry af came :(

Flou - so sorry AF came. I am sure it's bitter sweet that your u/s is okay as well. I know when I had mine part of me wanted to know everything was alright and part of me wanted to know there was a reason for what had happened. How are you feeling?

Itsawonder what is iugr? So very sorry for all the anxiety dealing with this. I'm glad they are following you close. Good luck on today's scan and keep us updated <3

Highhopes it must be amazing to feel kicks :) glad you are feeling well

Flou so very sorry about AF:( she really is terrible. Hope you get answers soon

Melly we are close in cycle! I am 11 dpo today. Good luck to you!

Mrsduck hope you and Ruby are doing well!

I also had a dream last night that i had a positive so decided to test again..bfn unfortunately. Will wait until Saturday now. I do realize I had a 16 day LP last month though

You're not out yet, Buttrfly. :)

IUGR - in-utero growth... reduction? restriction? It's where the baby doesn't grow as much in the womb as they'd like.

Buttrfly sorry about the bfn but like melly says you're not out yet :)

Come on :bfp:

Flou - so sorry AF came. I am sure it's bitter sweet that your u/s is okay as well. I know when I had mine part of me wanted to know everything was alright and part of me wanted to know there was a reason for what had happened. How are you feeling?

I know exactly what you mean. I even said to DH that I wasn't sure which I was more worried about them finding something or finding nothing. All of the tests show my fertility is good and I don't seem to have anything wrong anatomically, DH had an SA (this was a while ago before our first bfp but we have conceived twice since then) all was ok so why does it take us a while to conceive and then mc. My two losses could be down to chance and just bad luck but I'm just finding it frustrating. However, i do think that I am pleased there doesn't seem to be anything wrong as at the mo we have no reason why we shouldn't be able to have a little one of our own.

Sorry for the bfn buttrfly you are not out yet.

fxd Melly for a bfp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->