Over 35 and first pregnancy?

I did a few things in the couple of weeks before I knew: took ibuprofen, drank beer (not much), can't remember about folic acid - I got through about 30 days' worth over the three months we were trying, and some of the not taking days were when I knew I wasn't. I've been good every day since I found out though, which makes me feel better. A bit. Nothing I can do now to alter what I did anyway.

I am 36 with my first child due in August.

Patootie, I got pregnant literally the first and only time my OH and I 'tried' (more like sheer laziness with contraception). When my period was late, I took a test, got a BFN and proceeded to have a dental x-ray and go to a Christmas party where there was a lot of wine consumed.

Of course, when my period still didn't turn up two days later and I got a BFP, I was beside myself. But my midwife, doctor and dentist all assured me I had nothing to worry about and so far, this pregnancy has been totally problem-free and baby looks great in every scan. And when I started telling my friends with kids about my concerns, they pretty much all rolled their eyes and said they had pretty much the same thing happen, and all their kids are just fine.

Hi All,

First time on a forum like this. I am 35 and 19 weeks pregnant with first baby. Absolutely thrilled :happydance:but nervous at the same time. Can't believe I am nearly half way there

Welcome CharlieQ and congrats! Hope you will find the forums as helpful and informative as I did/do. :)

I am 35 and this is my first. Wanted this all my life just never found the right man!! Now i've found him. And my bean is almost at 20 weeks!! Cannot wait for end of November!

This is my first and I was 39 yesterday! I remember being unhappy at new year knowing that I was going to be a year older and still hadn't achieved my goal. However, I can honestly say that I got everything I wanted for my birthday this year!

Due on 11 December!

I'm 38, will be just 39 when this little one arrives.. Had 1 MC last year.. Always wanted babies but only met my DH late in life. Still only 5+4, so I'm very nervous.. Can't wait to graduate to the second trimester forum..

Hi Ladies,

This is my first and I am 36 years old. I will be 37 in 3 weeks. Happy to be welcoming our little princess in December

37 and this ill be our 1st. We tried for over two years. I'm ecstatic! Due date Feb 13th.

I am pregnant for the first time at age 39 (found out one day before my birthday) and completely in awe! I love children and have always wanted them - very excited (and nervous, too!). I am 8 weeks along and baby is due in February 2013. Happy and healthy pregnancies to everyone!

I'm 34 now, but will be 35 in a month and am expecting Feb. 27, 2013. This is my first pregnancy...fingers crossed we get a healthy, happy baby. Wishing you all the same.

I am 37 years old, will be 38 when I deliver, this is our first baby as well. We had so many issues, that we kinda just gave up, and then TA-DA here we are! It's the longest I've carried, so I have high hopes :) Many times the age issue has crossed my mind, being this is our first, but I try and ignore. Hubby and I did want to start our fam earlier than this, but it just wasn't meant to be then, and now it is :)

Hello ladies,

I am 35, DH 37. Just got my BFP last night at 15 DPO, CD 33. I am a bit nervous though because i have been spotting for 2 days? It was a tiny bit of red the first day and now its just brown discharge, is this normal? There is a bit of cramping too but nothing painful?

I called the dr. and they said there is nothing they can do since i am only 4 weeks that if its a chemical or a mc it will just happen on its own. They didnt schedule me for my first appointment until Dec 18th? That seems far out? Do you gals think I am ok?

thank you lovely ladies!

I had spotting, went to the ER and soaked a hospital bed to my knees with a huge gush of blood at 12ish weeks. My baby is fine now (26 weeks) Bleeding is quite common 1st tri, but no book really prepares you for that. No painful cramping is a good sign! Hang in there <3

Had my baby Sophia on 5th November! :) so 17 days before my 40th!

Good luck with your pregnancies everyone x

Today is my 7th month wedding anniversary..and we had a bfp this morning soooo unreal!! I'm 38 and we were trying for 6 months!! Good luck to everyone!!!!

So happy for all your ladies:)!!! It is just lovely to hear all your stories! Hope to see you all at the over 35 first time mommies thread when you had your babies. We will try to help as much as possible. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->