Overly excited?

Wifetobe

Reaction score
I just found out I'm pregnant and I'm already looking at baby clothes..I think I'm overly excited. I'm probably like 4-6 weeks. I haven't scheduled my first doctors appointment yet.
When did you have your first doctors appointment and can you tell me how things go? I'm nervous because I don't like doctors very much.

Congratulations!
I'm excited too:bunny:
There's a great thread in Pregnancy club on essentials to buy & what not to waste your money on. My goal is to spend the least as possible but get all the things we need.

In my area midwives are newly covered my healthcare so we have to call almost the day we get double lines to get on a wait list and have a slight chance of getting one (much better than a doctor's care).

I had a doctor's appt to set up my nauchal translucency scan at 12 weeks as well as they gave me hcg blood tests to confirm healthy pregnancy.

At 8 weeks I had my first prenatal appt, they check for chlamidia (standard), thrush/uti and baby size. Take probiotics if you are at all prone to vag infections and watch your sugar. When your hormones change it throws your good bacteria balance off. They give you papers for 10 week bloods (iron/thyroid/cholesterol etc), and she asks you which hospital you wish to deliver at.
That's it for now. She said the hospital will be in touch in 4 weeks time.

When I was pregnant for the first time, I went on Amazon and spent my free time picking out all the baby stuff I wanted and put them in a baby registry for later. I had so much fun doing it. I would recommend the same thing for you. Have fun! I wouldn't recommend buying yet because you've still got so much time to change your mind.

I had my first appointment at 6 weeks with my first two and at 8 weeks with my current pregnancy. My doctor does an ultrasound at that appointment and just discusses the do's and don'ts of pregnancy. I pee in a cup, get weighed and get my blood pressure taken, but it's mostly just talking and looking at baby. good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->