overpowering mother in law - aaaaaaaargh!!!

Oh god this is something im really not looking forward to having to deal with! We have known for a week and a half now and its been really hard to keep it a secret from our families, but its for the best...
My MIL is the family grapevine, tell her something even remotely non interesting such as "I went to Tesco today and got some milk coz it was on offer" and she will pass the news on to the rest of her family and then call me back later on that day and say "oh u know that milk, well i told so and so and they said..."
Do I care about what they think about Milk?... No lol, I got a new job today and told them and she actually asked my permission for if she could tell other family members, so at least that is an improvement!

So no hun you are not alone! xx

your kind of lucky in away my oh parents aint happy at all that im pregnant

Some of you do make me feel very lucky...

We told my Mum and the in-laws this past Sunday. My Mum almost cried she was so happy (being in a Chinese Restaurant at the time probably saved the water works...). My father-in-law and my husband's Grandma were both so excited that neither could sleep that night! Apparently my husband's uncle couldn't stop giggling (which is so funny! :rofl: ).

Now we are in the calm before the storm... just waiting for the interference. But - as some have said - it is really good that they are happy and care :cloud9:

QT

I am dealing with this with my MIL. She just sent a package with 10 clothing outfits for my daughter all the same size. I really enjoy shopping for my daughter especially because I don’t buy clothes for myself anymore and this is my first child and probably only, I feel like my MIL is overstepping by buying so much and not even asking if we needed clothes?My husband views it as clothing we don’t have to buy now and doesn’t get it. And all these clothes are an an Easter gift so I can’t even imagine what she will get her for my daughters bday in a month. I thanked her for the gifts but said that she shouldn’t have bought so much through text. She didn’t respond.
She also buys clothes/styles that I don’t like.

Why is it always mother in laws? Hahaha my mother In law lives in a different country and she doesn't work, so she wont be over much... I'm hoping and praying she doesn't hahaha

I’m must be super lucky my MIL is amazing!! She’s always buying things for my girls and now with being pregnant has been buying us baby stuff but within reason ! She’s not over bearing more like my best friend !!

Babybump87, I’m with you! I couldn’t ask for a better mother in law! We live right across the street from eachother and she is amazing. Always helping and just so easy to talk to! My husband actually told me when he first met me that he told his mom, that I reminded him of her (my personality). Haha

Babybump87, I’m with you! I couldn’t ask for a better mother in law! We live right across the street from eachother and she is amazing. Always helping and just so easy to talk to! My husband actually told me when he first met me that he told his mom, that I reminded him of her (my personality). Haha

Aww that’s so great ! I couldn’t imagine having to deal with a difficult MIL !

I’d be lost without mine. I see/speak to her more than DH does haha! We must have struck gold cause I know sooo many people who have issues with the in laws . Mines the opposite I have issues with my own family haha !

I have no problems with my mother in law. She minds her own and we mind ours. Dh is not exceptionally close to her as he grew up with his grandmother and not his mother. But they talk and get alomg well. I met Dh when I was 30 and already had a son, so I think being a little bit more mature when u meet your mother in law makes a whole lot of difference than when you a have a mother in law in your early 20s. They tend to think that they have to mother you..( that's how i felt in my previous relationship of 9 years with DS father).
I met him at 18 and his mother somehiw thought that she had to mother me and groom me into the lady for her son..
This time its different, Im already a grown woman who knows my own thing and I wont take BS from any in law again.

If I was either of you, I think that I might start mentioning horrific sounding names that I "liked".... just for fun.... "No, actually I have always fancied Igor" or something similar (my sincerest apologies for anyone out there with a child called Igor.... or who is seriously considering the name... it was an "off the top of my head" example... :blush: )

QT

Crying at Igor... sounds like he should be on game of thrones hahahahah

Aww that’s so great ! I couldn’t imagine having to deal with a difficult MIL !

I’d be lost without mine. I see/speak to her more than DH does haha! We must have struck gold cause I know sooo many people who have issues with the in laws . Mines the opposite I have issues with my own family haha !

I know, me neither! And she tells me the same about getting a great daughter in law. My husband was the only boy and had 3 sisters so it was a little intimidating but they are all so down to earth and we get along great. I’m luck with my own family also. My mom and step mom are wonderful! Totally different but my mom is my best friend and my step mom is pretty easy to get along with also so I definitely hit the jackpot in life!

My mother in law is ok so far she’s trying not get too over excited yet because I had so many miscarriage in the past

My MIL lives with us.....

I'll just leave that awful tidbit there....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->