overweight and ttc

Ah wow I always take dreams as signs! Good luck and let us know how you get on x

will keep everyone posted, was planning on posting everyday until I either get AF or BFP, if you guys don't mind me over running the thread with my posts everyday..lol

I just wanted to tell you beautiful ladies not to stress to much, I am a big ol girl, just stepped on scale at my 12 week appt & I weigh 279lbs 5'6, and I have lost 13 pounds in my 1st trimester so far. I am pregnant with # 5 and I have never had any health issues during any of my pregnancies. I was pregnant with my 1st at 19, weighing about 222 lbs, and now I am 34 and weigh 279, so really I have been fat with all of them. All pregnancies were normal, healthy and normal deliveries. As someone said being overweight does not automatically equal health issues/pregnancy issues. Dont let anyone let you feel that way either, wether medical professional or not!

I'm in total agreement. I am heavy, and I had no problems with my pregnancy. My blood pressure crept up a tad, but it's controlled with meds anyway. I just have to get a little off to help regulate my cycle to get pregnant is my goal :) Good luck with your pregnancy!

Good luck to all of you! It WILL happen.

Are any of you ladies taking clomid? I was wondering how it affected your temps. My temps are wacky and it has me a little worried, Usually they only look like this with anovulatory cycles. I swear I better ovulate this month. If I don't this will be 3 cycles in a row that I don't

Are any of you ladies taking clomid? I was wondering how it affected your temps. My temps are wacky and it has me a little worried, Usually they only look like this with anovulatory cycles. I swear I better ovulate this month. If I don't this will be 3 cycles in a row that I don't

I haven't.. wish I had some info to help you out!

Hey everyone, I'm overweight myself & been ttc for three years, terrified to mention it to the doctor as I know the reply I will get & made feel terrible which will result in more tears from me, there has been many already over the years! :cry:

Anyway I just wanted to tell you all about my mother, when ttc me (I am the eldest) she was overweight, would be considered obese. She was trying for 10 years for me, eventually she fell pregnant with me and was so happy and content that she finally had a child, that 9 months later she conceived my brother without even trying!! So I do think the stress of it all doesn't help, and I do realise it is hard not to stress, I can't help it!

So the point in this whole story lol that it is possible and don't give up hope! I wish every single one of you all the luck the world!! Baby dust to you all!!!

Good luck x

can I join this thread please? I'm overweight and ttc n02, I have mild pcos and don't ovulate on my own but the FS refuses to prescribe me clomid unless I lose weight which is proving impossible :nope:

I meant to post this yesterday. I took clomid. in saying that I ovulate on my own & get regular periods, and never used it before trying to conceive this one. That being said I took 1 cycle of it and got pregnant same cycle, my doc said it's unlikely I needed it in the first place, but I was glad at least the option was there. I dont take no for an answer. My hubby & I tried for a long time, and he has never had children, so because I had many, they dismissed the issue was me & focused on him. When they couldnt really find much wrong with him they were like oh well its one of those unexplained things. That answer is not acceptable to me. So I took it further, had an hsg to show my tubes were open (of course they were) and then asked for a try on clomid. He also prescribed metformin, I started that may 2nd, took clomid cd2-6 around may 16th and probably conceived about may 31 or so. I am sometimes hesitant when commenting about these 2 drugs, cuz even tho I took them I highly doubt they helped at all. I even ovulated exactly when I always do, the clomid didnt even move up my ov date which is usually cd 18-19. Plus the my system never got used to metformin as they say it should after a month, and I have now been taken off of it.

I love this thread.. Im not just big ..im very big.. my bmi is just under 50..

one of my biggest fears about being overweight and pregnant is not having a bump.
sounds silly doesnt it haha

Vanilla: I'm sorry to hear your doctor isn't more helpful :( you have come to the right place for support. Have you gone back to say your struggling to lose weight?

I have but they're not interested really and they pretty much acted like I was wasting their time :nope:

I've tried WW it just didn't work with me :( I'm not sure what to do to motivate myself, I do so well for a few weeks and then it all goes to pot :(

Fatty with a bump, but most ppl think im just fat lol....here u go proof...

Ladies please smile, it could be worse....My husband told me if I was skinny I wouldnt be his girl lol

Attachments

• preg.jpg
    preg.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 53
i am overweight also, i was somewhat over weight with my 5 yr old and had no problem, this time its tough, when you dont think about it, it happens i swear

I went to the doctors today, my doctor was lovely, told me all the statistics but after examining my symptoms (the reason I went ) Ive been refuted for an ultrasound to confirm a suspected ovarian cyst.

Feeling a bit nervous tbh.

On a side note
When you have been trying to concieve for a long time "just forgetting about it" is far easier Said then done.. Being a mum is my greatest dream.

I was 200 pounds when I got pregnant with my son. by the time I was 9 months pregnant, my bump was very high up, and my son was almost 9 pounds! I went into the gas station, and ran into someone I went to high school with back in the day. She looked at me and said "I don't think your suppose to be that big" I was 9 months pregnant, in pain, hormonal, looked at her with wide eyes and was like, " your not anything special there sweetie, you look like you stuffed yourself into those jeans" lol I felt pretty bad afterwards, but she was being a complete B**ch. I hate when people think they know everything and try to tell you what you should look like. Are you a OBGYN? No? Shut up then! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->