Overweight or obese and TTC?

Yes sorry guys... Im prob closer to the 300lb mark to be honest, im 5'10 so i have a bigger frame to carry it, but still classed as severly obese... I dont think of myself like that though, i have an active job etc. Im hoping my doctor will be kind :s

Yes sorry guys... Im prob closer to the 300lb mark to be honest, im 5'10 so i have a bigger frame to carry it, but still classed as severly obese... I dont think of myself like that though, i have an active job etc. Im hoping my doctor will be kind :s

Here's a good resource: https://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/

Congrats on your BFP! =)

Hi ladies,

Just wanted you to know that I am over 20 stone but got my BFP on Wednesday - so it can happen, even for really big people like me!!

x

I'm your size exactly....I have had one appt with the nurse so far who didn't mention my weight..next week is the doc...I'm hoping she isn't too mean....I am very active and eat well..I have lost a lot of weight already...crossing my fingers she is kind...Good luck to you!

Congrats on your bfp Elanesse!

I'm was around 250 lbs with my first and my OB was so mean about my weight. She actually told me to lose weight while I was pregnant. I gained all of 11 lbs during that pregnancy and every time I went in and had gained a pound she practically yelled at me. I had zero problems with anything, so it was just her own weight issues.

With my second I was closer to 260lbs and I switched to a midwife. If I didn't gain weight she asked me "are you eating?" lol, so different! And yes, I was eating.. a lot!

I had both of my girls naturally.. and my second and home! No problems conceiving either, so I'm not sure how much of a factor weight is to be honest.

But, I'm currently around 275ish and my cycles have been very long. Not sure if it is my weight or my ectopic in January and then the soy isoflavones I tried in May =/

Edited to add: Don't let a mean doctor push you around with your weight! Especially if you have no other problems.

Thanks ladies, you are all wonderful!

Jessica - thanks for the link, i will check that out!

dmfamily - congrats to you hun!

Heather - thank you for telling me your experience. I hope I will get a friendly doctor, that like you say understands that although I am overweight, my BP is fine, I don't have diabetes or chest/heart problems etc. xx

Hi ladies
I'm overweight and trying TTC too, I'm actually about 5 stones overweight. It is worrying me that its been 10 months TTC now and nothing, and my sister said if I did go to the doctor he would just say I had to lose weight before would even test me and my DH for problems,.

I know she's right but it hurts when people say that my weight is the issue when TTC I know plenty women bigger than me who have had healthy pregnancies!

Thanks to the preggies for the awesome success stories!!!

Super encouraging!!! Congrats!!!!

Any of my chubby sisters here on chlomid?

Hi!

I'm joining in...lol. I am overweight also. i weighed 310 lbs in Feb 2011 and my doc asked me to lose weight before ttc this time (many days/months/years crying as I have hypothyroidism on meds and hashimotos disease and very hard to get weigh off but I exercised like an insane person...LOL). So as I said, I exercised like crazy and now I weigh 236! My 1st pregnancy (2006) I had preclamesia and ended up having a c-section (start weight 225 lbs and 256 at delivery, but my daughter was just born a week early and very healthy. So five years later we are ready. This is our second month ttc. I feel really good for weighing 236 and so many people think I weigh like 190, I wish lol. Anyways, I'm happy to read there is a group of girls here just like me. Oh and by the way I am 32 yrs old.

Good luck to all of us!!

Jsmom!!!

Wow!!!! That's alot of pounds. I think that will really help you! How were you eating???

Good luck to you And awesome job :)

I feel like jumping up and down and yelling, "Ohh....me..me!" It took me three Doc before I found one that would even help me by putting me on clomid because I am overweight with PCOS. Hang in there girls!! We just need to stick together!

250 lbs and only 5 feet 5 inches :(

I'm 4'10 and I weigh 175 pounds. I'm really afraid that's it's going to give me a hard time. I know I need to switch up my diet because I don't want BP issues. I was doing great the first month, but then the BFN totally disappointed me, and now I'm back to square one.

I definitely plan on starting again ASAP because I want to make sure I am has healthy as possible for when I am pregnant.

Hi Glowbug,
My doc told me to cut out all carbs, but I had the worst time doing so. Well I finally did and it really did help. I didn't eat a ton of carbs anyway, but tried to cut most of it out. I stick with eating chicken, turkey, fruits and veggies, and drink water only. And my dessert is the oats and chocolate fiber one bars..lol, I love those. I choose healthy meals at restaurants and exercise 45 mins a day of good hard workouts. It's been working so far.
:winkwink:

Oh ya and I should have said 310 in Nov 2010 and 292 in February. I was typing fast. Lol

Heather, it is really good to hear your experiences, we all need to hear that. Except for those mean and rude doctors. They are not helping any situation by acting like that.

When I went to my new thyroid doctor, (because my old thyroid doc was mean to me), anyways at the new doc office, the doc assistant was super overweight and I was like yes!! Because I knew I would I would feel welcome there, and I did!! I hope that doesn't sound bad.

I keep getting told to lose weight by the FS and I am 5ft 7 and weigh 13st 3lbs (185lbs).

Starting to get very annoyed getting fobbed off. My BMI is 29 and I have already lost 50lbs!

Frustrating.... :(

x

I am 5'7 and weigh around 275. I had lost a little over 120lbs over the last 2 years and thankfully that seemed to even my cycles out and we managed to get pregnant. Last week we had an ER visit due to some weird pain everything checked out ok we saw the yoke sac (sp) but no fetal pole. We have our first actual gyno appointment on Monday and am slightly nervous as to what we will see, trying to keep positive thoughts. Seeing that there are ladies out there like me who have had happy healthy babies gives me a boost of confidence so here is hoping for a little heartbeat on Monday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->