Overweight, pregnant, and feeling Unattractive

PurpleMama

Reaction score
I'm 5 weeks pregnant with our first baby. My current weight is about 219lbs and is only about 4lbs more than my prepregnancy weight. Regardless, I feel horrible about my physique.

Hubby has zero interest in sex (only 1time since conception) and this has nothing to do with the pregnancy. He has always been able to go weeks without sex no problem and its always made me feel bad but since becoming pregnant I feel fatter than ever and his lack of interest makes me cry and feel super depressed.

I know how u feel. I feel really big and ugly at the minute too. Its not helped by the fact I dont really feel comfortable dying my hair or getting a fake tan or anything whilst im pregnant so cant even do that to make myself feel a bit better. Its also not good at the stage where u dont look preganant. No clothes fit, even my face looks fatter!

Just focus on the baby, thats what im doing. It doesnt matter what I look like. When i had my girl last yr i put on 56lb, but afterwards i told myself at least im a nice cuddly mum for my baby girl. She slept like a dream when she was cuddled up to me. She didnt care that i was overweight.. i was just a more comfortable cushion!
Im gonna worry about losing the weight after ive done with babies/breastfeeding.

Dont feel down. Youre doing a great job :)

The first tri sucks with feeling unattractive! I feel like a huge walking double chin atm! It's just that the hormones are doing all sorts of things to our skin and organs causing bloat and hair and pimples etc for so many, that you're bound to feel a little frumpy! When you move into the 2nd tri, and the bump gets more pronounced and the nausea disappears, you'll feel so much better!

I can't comment on your DH, as I'm pretty lazy with sex, I could go weeks without it, just because I can't be stuffed. We've only done it once since conception too, and I'm 3+ weeks ahead of you - my poor hubby! haha.

Just take it easy on yourself x

You're not that big. I started off at about that.

I'm now up to 105 kg in a whole 36 weeks. Being bigger to begin with can be a blessing in disguise because we gain less and actually lose some just because we are pregnant.

I'm sure you look gorgeous. :)

I could have written your post nearly word for word. I started this pg at 216. I lost 8 pounds and have gained the 8 back. My husband has zero interest in sex as well. It's HELL on my self esteem and it's just compounded by pregnancy hormones. I'm 20 weeks, we've had sex twice since I found out I was pg. I was fairly shocked I got pg to tell ya the truth.

HUGS! Hang in there!

:hugs:
I was also overweight to begin with. The whole of first tri I felt huge and unattractive. Things got better after I started showing. DH was uninterested in :sex: for a long time too. I cannot blame him because month after month of bfn had nearly driven us to the point of quitting. His interest in me picked up when I entered second trimester. The fact that I'm carrying his baby made him feel I look s*xy ;-) He also started telling me I look beautiful,which I hadn't heard for months :)

He even feels my tummy is beautiful(although its covered with stretch marks and linea nigra) :)

I'm 5 weeks pregnant with our first baby. My current weight is about 219lbs and is only about 4lbs more than my prepregnancy weight. Regardless, I feel horrible about my physique.

Hubby has zero interest in sex (only 1time since conception) and this has nothing to do with the pregnancy. He has always been able to go weeks without sex no problem and its always made me feel bad but since becoming pregnant I feel fatter than ever and his lack of interest makes me cry and feel super depressed.

All women can relate I'm sure! Pregnancy is a time of so much physical & hormonal changes, it's not easy.
I found this photographer on fb and her work has been a powerful source of strength for me when I'm feeling crap about my changing body. She takes photos of women and tells their stories. None if the women are models & none of the photos are airbrushed, just real women with real stories. It's helped me.

Check her out
https://www.jadebeall.com/#!/index

Aw, no one should feel unsexy when they're carrying a baby.
I'm not over weight but have really bad acne with this pregnancy and dh keeps pointing it out when I move in to kiss him. Like I don't already know my face is one big pimp! :nope:
My hubby has a lower sex drive too, and it makes me feel like crap at times! Hang in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->