overweight, ultrasound

Reaction score
I weigh 240, is.it harder to see baby and heartbeat if ur bigger? Early.on, any experience eith this

I'm slightly overweight and had no problem whatsoever! They do say if grossly overweight it's difficult as so early on fraggle is so small.

Good luck xx

I'm overweight, had a scan Tuesday 5+6 and they saw bean but they switched to internal which was much better x

I don't think so, not with a vaginal u/s.

Ya most likely they will do a transvaginal ultra sound n e ways if ur not that far along!!!

Im overweight and I had a scan at 6weeks and it was fine.. Went to internal scan for clearer measurements x

I don't know if this place does vaginal, its a xray ultra sound place I'm sure they can see by my weight and know if it'll be a big deal

If you're pretty early, I don't think they'll see much of anything on an abdominal scan whether you're overweight or not. You can expect a clear picture on those post 10-12 weeks so hopefully, it'll be transvaginal. :)

I had a BMI of 39 when I had DS and scans were not an issue. It was only mentioned on the 20 weeks scan, but not to my face, only in my notes. But it didn't stop them seeing anything they needed to see - I don't know why she mentioned it in the notes to be honest. That was with normal ultrasound scan - never heard of a vaginal scan TBH - sounds horrible!!

Hi my bmi is hovering around the 3o mark and I had abdo us @ 9 and 12 wks with no probs. Good luck.x

well my first and I know I'm not going to see too much I just want to know exactly how far along I am, so I was saying I hope my weight does not play a role in them finding out how far along I am

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->