ovulating after removing implanon

2012bebe

Reaction score
Hello lovely ladies
Its been a very long break for me since my last post but hope you don't mind for me to join you again and ask you for advice :blush:
So my long story short:
3 years ago i gave birth to our son and 2 month later i went to have an implanon for 3 years.
Basically more then 2 weeks ago i have it removed.
I have not get any periods for the last 2 years ( had 2 small one in my first year off having implanon) and still nothing.
Just few days before due date of implanon i felt very bloated,lots of cramps and for the last week my breast are painful.( the cramps are still there ).
I have starting using an opk tests just day after removing it to see if i will ovulate but still no luck.
2 days ago i have a dull pain in my right side but it was very painful.it lasted few hours . My opk test still says negative but yesterday the line was very visible but still no dark as should be to get a positive result and sorry for details but i felt wet ( if you know what i mean).today the line was very weak ,and i have tested twice today.
Before the implanon i could easily get the feeling when i was about to ovulate but right now after this implanon my body is different.
So was wondering if i actually ovulated or i will be very soon,as its so hard for me now to recognize those symptoms
Any one with previous experience with ovulation problems please help me.

anyone who had implanon removed,did you get an AF straight away or ovulated first if so then in what sort of period time?

and how fast have you felt pregnant?

Hello 2012bebe!

I had the implant, but only for a very short time as it made me so poorly...and I had constant AF on it! So I can't really help there, but I know what you mean about O problems after BC.

After the implant I had the depo injection and then cerazette (pill form of depo)...been off everything since Dec 11 and TTC for a year now and it turns out I've been having ovulation problems. Stupidly I didn't use opks as I had ov pains and EWCM, but when I had 21 day blood test it turn out that I wasn't ovulating because my progestrone levels weren't high enough. I'm now seeing an accupuncturist to try and get my hormone levels back in check whilst waiting for a referral to the fertility clinic.

It sounds like your body is trying to O, but maybe your hormone levels are still out of whack too?

You say you've only had the implant out a couple of weeks, so maybe just give yourself a little more time and in the meantime keep with the opk and maybe start temping?

If I'd have done these things sooner then I would have known what my problem was I could have gone to the Drs before waiting the 12 months!

I know it's really frustrating when you're ready to TTC but your body isn't!

:) x

Thank you so much for replay.
It just when i read somwhere that some women get either period straight away after removal
Or they were ovulating so quick that they felt pregnant in a matter of weeks.
My body is so messed up ,trying to give me some clues with all those symptons and i dont know what is going on
Maybe you right its still early days to get too worry.
Thank you anyway for replay and advice.
Good luck too you too :thumbup:

Thank you so much for replay.
It just when i read somwhere that some women get either period straight away after removal
Or they were ovulating so quick that they felt pregnant in a matter of weeks.
My body is so messed up ,trying to give me some clues with all those symptons and i dont know what is going on
Maybe you right its still early days to get too worry.
Thank you anyway for replay and advice.
Good luck too you too :thumbup:

I had my Implanon removed in November, and I had fairly regular cycles the entire time, but once I got it out, my cycles have been very unpredictable. Though, I believe that this month I Od properly for the first time since having it taken out.

I fully expected a full recovery in a much faster time, so I am a little disappointed.
Best of luck to you!

I had an implanon rod placed after the birth of my second daughter and kept it in for the full 3 years. Afterwards I had another one put in and decided 6 months in that me and my fiancee wanted to try our luck for a boy. I had it removed in May of last year and was anxiously awaiting my body to return to normal so we could start trying. At first there was nothing at all, but I had began to track ovulation simply because I heard it could happen at anytime. By the end of May beginning of June I started to feel a little crampy and assumed my period would be coming, which eventually it did. That was the for sure sign that my body was returning back to normal. After we began to try, and there was some disappointments along the way, but it was partly based on the fact that I was so anxious that I didn't gie myself time. Long story short I was pregnant by August and I am now due May 20th. How fast you get pregnant is totally dependent on your body and circumstances and how quickly you return to normal. Just keep trying I am sure it will happen before you know it.

I had my Implanon removed in November, and I had fairly regular cycles the entire time, but once I got it out, my cycles have been very unpredictable. Though, I believe that this month I Od properly for the first time since having it taken out.

I fully expected a full recovery in a much faster time, so I am a little disappointed.
Best of luck to you!

Wow! So it's maybe same case with me. I heard about tablets called vitex the are made from cactus and they seam to help women like us with low hormones in our body to get to normal quick.im tempting to buy them but perhaps i will wait few more weeks and i will consider to buy them.any one try them before

Best of luck to you!

Wow! So it maybevsame case with me. I heard about tablets called vitex the are made from cactus and they seam to help women like us with low hormones in our body to get to normal quick.im tempting to buy them but perhaps i will wait few more weeks and i will consider to buy them.any one try them before

i had implanon removed 22nd january and AF arrived 12th feb but i still had AF regularly every month whilst on implanon so everybody is different, good luck!

Hi all, I'm new to this whole thing and have just started TTC baby #1. (very scary and exciting!) I had my last AF on 19th Nov came off the implanon on 21st Nov and have dtd a couple of times since and will keep trying.
I had irregular periods the whole time I was on implant so can't really tell when i should O or AF!
Can anyone help with how quickly anything should happen? I've weird twinge cramps as early as 3/4 days after first try. And weird metallicy taste in my mouth but I had read about that as a symptom so don't know if it's wishful thinking!!
HELP!!
Chrissie xx

Hello lovely ladies
Its been a very long break for me since my last post but hope you don't mind for me to join you again and ask you for advice :blush:
So my long story short:
3 years ago i gave birth to our son and 2 month later i went to have an implanon for 3 years.
Basically more then 2 weeks ago i have it removed.
I have not get any periods for the last 2 years ( had 2 small one in my first year off having implanon) and still nothing.
Just few days before due date of implanon i felt very bloated,lots of cramps and for the last week my breast are painful.( the cramps are still there ).
I have starting using an opk tests just day after removing it to see if i will ovulate but still no luck.
2 days ago i have a dull pain in my right side but it was very painful.it lasted few hours . My opk test still says negative but yesterday the line was very visible but still no dark as should be to get a positive result and sorry for details but i felt wet ( if you know what i mean).today the line was very weak ,and i have tested twice today.
Before the implanon i could easily get the feeling when i was about to ovulate but right now after this implanon my body is different.
So was wondering if i actually ovulated or i will be very soon,as its so hard for me now to recognize those symptoms
Any one with previous experience with ovulation problems please help me.

anyone who had implanon removed,did you get an AF straight away or ovulated first if so then in what sort of period time?

and how fast have you felt pregnant?
Hi, I'm new to this whole thing and have just started TTC baby #1. (very scary and exciting!) I had my last AF on 19th Nov came off the implanon on 21st Nov and have dtd a couple of times since and will keep trying.
I had irregular periods the whole time I was on implant so can't really tell when i should O or AF!
Can anyone help with how quickly anything should happen? I've weird twinge cramps as early as 3/4 days after first try. And weird metallicy taste in my mouth but I had read about that as a symptom so don't know if it's wishful thinking!!
HELP!!
Chrissie xx

I had my implanon removed on the 17th of April this year, and had my first AF on November 22nd, so for me at least, it was a long and painful 7 month wait..hoping I catch my eggy this cycke but ive run out of opks!
In the first month after coming off the implanon, its quite common to experience pregnancy symptoms, so it may simply be that

Good luck! I hope all goes back to normal for you sooner than it did for me!

i had my implant removed end of january, had one period about 5 weeks later in early march, got a positive pregnancy test 2nd april and my baby is due in 5 days! happened very quickly for me!

Thanks for replying :)
So symptoms can be the same as pregnancy for coming off the implanon.. oh dear this all sounds confusing!
Everyone is so different! I think rather than putting minds at ease with answers these forums are better for support and helping with the TTW!!
Just gotta twiddle my thumbs and see what happens, I don't even know for sure if I've ovulated since for sure.
The waiting game continues... thanks again xx

I had implanon I'm for a year before my fiancé and I decided it was time to get it out. I had it removed October 27th of this year. I felt incredibly sick and swore I was pregnant up until I got my period November 22-26th. It was heavy and full of clots. I am now 6dpo (don't know if I actually ovulated because I don't use opks) I'm hoping for my BFP when I test in 10 days if AF doesn't show before then. I won't be too disappointed if a get a bfn because it's only my first cycle

I just had implanon taken out 16th july . I had Af while it was taken out which lasted 5 days. I now have period pains . What do you think this could be

I've had an nexplanon since 2013 and for the first two years I was breastfeeding my daughter and never had a period we did get pregnant before I got put in and I miscarried and then I never bled again.

after I stop breastfeeding my daughter in April of 2015 I got my period in June of 2015 and I bled for 3 months. ever since then it's been sporadic and crazy. The last two months has been pretty consistent except for January ish on December 31st I started and it stopped on the 5th and then it started again on the 11th and stopped on the 15th.

mind you I've been taking ovulation tests when I feel like I'm ovulating because I'm not supposed to be ovulating cuz I still have the rod in my arm... and the opks been coming back positive.... I also have egg white cervical mucus and my cervix is high and open and soft and I'm getting huge cysts .... so all these lead up to me actually ovulating which kind of makes me upset

I'm having it removed this Wednesday because I can't take the craziness of my hormones and my bleedimg.... it was 3 months, then every two weeks, then i was 2 weeks late, the nov and dec were 28 days.

and after calling my OB repeatedly for the past almost year telling her that I felt like I was ovulating or I felt like I was pregnant that I was bleeding weird ... it was nothing but clots instead of actual flow of blood it was very painful all though my back and lower abdomen and the clots were huge.....

she finally said well you know the hormone does start to wear off towards the end so it could be your body just adjusting and you know you might be able to get pregnant ....that really piss me off

So I'll let you ladies know what happens. I just had my temp spike and my bfp opk today we dtd too..... maybe it will release another egg and I can have twins lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->