ovulating while bf

RedRose19

Pregnant with baby 5!
Reaction score
sorry this is abit ot but i wasnt sure what section to put this in :flower:,

basically my son is 2 months and he took a long time to get pregnant with, so naturally we are ntnp with a relaxed approach but not expecting anything and just enjoying this time with my baby.. but

since yesterday ive been having loads of strong dull aches on my left side just beside my hip bone, which is accompanied with lots of ewcm :blush:
whats the likelihood i could be ovulating already even though my son is exclusively breast fed? :coffee: we defo not ttc but bit freaked out now because we dtd 2 nights ago and woke to the ewcm and pains. :flower:

many thanks

I think it depends on how often you're breastfeeding. If it's every 3 hours (or something like that...) then you probably won't be ovulating just yet. I always ended up ovulation and having my cycle return once feedings became more spaced. :thumbup:

Every body is different. So you might ovulate when ebf when other ladies may not.

I got my cycle back regularly breastfeeding and cosleeping at 3 months post partum. Other people I know didn't get theirs back until after over a year. Everyone is so different.

I feed no later than 3 hours gaps. I stopped bleeding 5 weeks pp then a heavy bleed at 7.5 weeks pp. Dr said was my period, one week later I swear it feels like ovulation pain and followed with ewcm I just wonder if it is, but it's not even the right cd for ovulation seems so early if that bleeding at 7.5 weeks was my.period I'd only of been cd 9 when I happened. I feel confused

I had the same thing happen to me during my last 2 pregnancies. The "bleed" around 7-8 weeks for me was just me overdoing it. My cycle didn't return until 6-8 months later.

Everyone is different. I didn't get my cycle back for 16 months with my first. My second is 15 months old and I've still not got my cycle back yet.

I recently got my cycles back. My son was 11 months and a week. His now one so I've just had the one period. I started using opks just to see what my body is doing but I haven't got anywhere near a second line never mind a positive lol

My cousin ebf and got her period back at 2 months. Some women I know didn't get it until baby was a year. Every woman is different, but it is possible to O while bfing. I'm ebfing and I have yet to get my period. I get cramps every now and then and have had some ewcm, but I chalk that up as hormones playing tricks on me. Like you, it took us 2.5 yrs to get pregnant so we are also ntnp. We would love a surprise pregnancy but know it may be a while from now especially with bfing.

Before getting pregnant with my DD I had typical 28 day cycles and ovulated on CD 14. After my daughter was born I got my period back at 5 months postpartum and was exclusively breastfeeding. My cycles were slightly irregular, somewhere between 33-35 days long, and when I got pregnant at 10 months postpartum I ovulated on CD 23. It is definitely possible to get your cycles back by 2 month postpartum, and also very normal for you to ovulate at odd times during your cycle for a while until things regulate.

Thanks ladies. Part of me would be delighted to get pregnant again so soon but I would like to bf my little man as long as possible too, I never got chance with my first born. And I know some women get a supply dips with pregnancy. I know 6 months of it may not be an issue as he will be having solids too but hopefully it's ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->