Ovulating while Breastfeeding?

Pinkcasi

Reaction score
Hiya everyone, I've not been in this site for a long time not since I had my lg 9 months ago.

We're not actively ttc we've just had the conversation about maybe having another, he has reservations because of finances and because my pregnancy was a bit hideous, I had a mmc at 12 weeks then it took a further 6 months to fall with my daughter I then had terrible SPD, was on crutches and was induced due to it being so bad.

Anyway it's nice to know he's not totally against the idea, so anyway my question is this I'm still Breastfeeding my daughter and don't intend to stop anytime soon, my periods haven't returned yet, will bf keep me from ovulating? I know people do get pregnant while bf'ing I just don't really know how to even start thinking about this, do I need to wean in order to have no 2?

Thanks

Hi pinkcasi.
I'm interested in what everyone has to say. I'm still breastfeeding my 19 month old. I did get pregnant in june but it ended in a mc :-(

Also friends of mine thought you couldn't get pregnant whilst bf and bam, 6 months down the track she's pregnant with number three.

Another friend is 20 weeks pregnant and she only stopped bf-ing a few weeks ago.

So definitely yep can get pregnant whilst bf. I just feel that it took less time ttc #1 and #2 is taking quite a while. That could also be sadly that dh dtd alot less as we're busy with #1 and work.

Hope this helps :)

Hi yeah I've heard of it happening, were your friends actually having af visit though? I think I'll have to take some opk's to see if I'm ovulating even thankfully I have a stash from the last time lol

Hi. I know one friend was having af. And I have mine too including when I got pregnant.
I hope it goes well with opks. I'm giving them a go for the first time this cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->