Ovulation advice needed please!!

billie1007

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been lurking here for a couple of months and this is my first post (be gentle)
Can anyone help?
Came off the pill about 14 days ago after being on it for three months (why did I go back on it!!?) and I had what I think was a withdrawal bleed, massive rolling cramps and sore boobs etc.

Now - when will I ovulate? Am I even likely to ovulate this month? I am weeig on op sticks but nothing as yet.

It seems like since I have decided to come off the pill Iam now obsessed. Imagine if it takes months or years! I will be bloody frantic!

Just any advice would be good. Even to ovulate would make me happy! Let alone catch it with a swimmer.

Hope you are all well - how do I jazz up my profile? Yours all look so pretty!

x:shrug:

Hi, as you are just off the pill it could be anything from weeks to months before you ovulate. As long as you are peeing on op sticks twice a day you should see when you first ovulate. Have you thought about charting too?

Hi All,

I have been lurking here for a couple of months and this is my first post (be gentle)
Can anyone help?
Came off the pill about 14 days ago after being on it for three months (why did I go back on it!!?) and I had what I think was a withdrawal bleed, massive rolling cramps and sore boobs etc.

Now - when will I ovulate? Am I even likely to ovulate this month? I am weeig on op sticks but nothing as yet.

It seems like since I have decided to come off the pill Iam now obsessed. Imagine if it takes months or years! I will be bloody frantic!

Just any advice would be good. Even to ovulate would make me happy! Let alone catch it with a swimmer.

Hope you are all well - how do I jazz up my profile? Yours all look so pretty!

x:shrug:

I'm glad you've decided to post :) I looked this up and most health websites are saying that ovulation tends to return within a few weeks but that it can take longer sometimes, most websites also say that because once you go off the pill some of the hormones will still be there it may be difficult to track your cycle a month or two after you stop taking it. I hope that was any help :)

as for your profile, you go right to the top of the page where it has the tabs user CP, Members list, Calendar etc etc

() click on CP
() if you then go down the page and look at the table on the left you should see a little subheading of 'your profile' if you look under it then you should be able to find customise profile.

() on customise profile it lets you change the colours of your profile and it has a preview button if you are unsure about where the colour is going.

once you have gotten up to 5 posts you can make an avatar :) one of the more popular sites for this is lilypie.com,

sorry if that was a bit of a long post :p xxxxx

good luck and lots of fairy dust!!! :dust: :hugs:

Hi Billie 1007.

I too am in a similar situation to you. I was off the pill for 3 years but then went back on for 3 weeks. The pill gave me terrible moods so my husband begged me to stop taking it! We decided to TTC and if only I knew we were going to be I wouldn't have gone back on the pill!

I started to monitor my ovulation with OPKs but to be honest it did my head in so we have just been having sex every 2 days after CD7 until I establish my cycle length, then I will start again with the OPKs in the middle 2 weeks of my cycle.

You never know, you might get your BFP in the meantime!

Hi there and welcome!!
I was on the pill for only a short time, I cant remember which pill it was but it was the one that you had to take at the same time every day. I only missed 3 pills and got pregnant straightaway!
Try not to stress about ovulating but if you are worried then maybe talk to your GP.

Good luck!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"