Ovulation but no period? Pic of OPK

mumofone1992, are you tracking your cycles at all? If you have the fertility friend app you can enter the day that you ovulate. It will help make pinpointing ovulation a little easier for the future.

I use the green OPKs from Amazon, I think they are One Step, and have always been reliable for me.
As the others said, your OPKs aren't positive. The test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line, in most cases anyway. A few don't ever seem to see a line as dark as this though. The line will become dark, but it won't be quite as dark, but they do still ovulate. Sometimes you can also see a dark, or even a positive OPK later in your cycle close to af since lh can start to increase towards af. You can also see a dark or positive OPK during pregnancy as well. So you are aware.

Do you chart? I would temp as well as use OPKs as they can't tell you when you ovulate, they only tell you that your body is trying to, or about to ovulate. Temping will confirm ovulation if it happens as you will see a clear temp increase after ovulation

I'm new to TTC ! So I don't know what temp is? But I'm not pregnant I've done pregnancy tests too. I think I just missed my dark line because they are now showing 1 line!!

As someone else explained, temping is taking your basal body temperature when you wake, before you do anything else. It can show you that you ovulated when you see a persistent increase in your temperatures. The average day for ovulation is cycle day 14, but lots of women don't ovulate then, ovulating earlier or later than this. And this can also vary each cycle as well. A lot of women think their luteal phase changes each cycle but it's the part from your period to ovulation that can change a lot. Your luteal phase generally stays the same, it may alter by a day or so, but it usually stays quite regular, with an ideal lp being about 14 days, but anything between 11-16 days is fine. Anything shorter than 11 days can indicate a problem, like low progesterone.
OPKs are best used alongside taking your BBT (basal body temperature) because they can tell you when your lh surge is happening, which indicates ovulation will probably happen soon after. Some people will ovulate on the day of a positive OPK, some after it, but usually within a couple of days. Some can ovulate before a positive OPK but this is usually in older women, because your surge will get closer to ovulation with age, to the point it can sometimes happen before you see the OPK turn positive.
As someone said, its best to use the dipstick cheapie OPKs with later urine, most don't see a positive OPK with their fmu, although it isn't unheard of. The best times to use these are from around 2pm - 9pm. I don't know about the smiley face OPKs since I haven't used them, but with the ICs I usually see positives late afternoon to evening.
Because OPKs won't tell you that you definitely ovulated, this is where temping comes in handy, because once you ovulate progesterone increases and causes your temperature to increase, and stay elevated for your luteal phase. It can dip and increase, but it doesn't usually go below the cover line on your chart during your lp. The Fertility Friend app will confirm ovulation once it sees three increased temps.
The problem with using OPKs alone is because if you don't ovulate, you can still see a surge happen, so they don't tell you anything other than your body is trying to ovulate.

This is my current chart (temping vaginally), pretty certain I ovulated yesterday. I have shorter cycles usually being about 25 days, my lp is usually 14 days. I saw a positive OPK yesterday alongside a change in cm from ewcm to creamy, which usually happens the day of ovulation for me. Fertility Friend hasn't confirmed ovulation yet because I haven't had three temp increases, but it should confirm this in the following couple of days

Attachments

• IMG_7641.jpg
    IMG_7641.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back