ovulation cramps

tweety pie

Reaction score
I had a mc at 18wks in January and this is my 3rd month ttc but each month at ov i get terrible cramps backache all af symptons from 1dpo till 8dpo then a couple of days with no pain then af gets me, i don't understand why this is happening because before the mc i was'nt aware when i even ov and never got any pain whatsoever. Is this the same for anyone else or is something wrong and will i not get a BFP because of it. I would be grateful for any advice from you lovely ladies.

Ovulation pain shouldn't last longer than 24 hours max. Do you chart?

I was sorry to read about your mc - did you have any significant issues at the time or did you require medical intervention?

If you are having a new type of pain that is worrying you, then you should see your doctor. It is possible to have period-type cramps in advance of AF, but usually it's clearly pre-period cramping, not what you seem to be describing. How long is your luteal phase usually?

My first mc was at 12 weeks... prior to that loss I had never ever felt ovulation pains, and since then I get them every month. Mine only last a day, maybe a day and a half, though. If I were you I'd call the dr and ask. If nothing else, doing so may help put your mind at ease.

Hope you get some relief soon. :hugs:

I too get what you're describing, but not every month.Never used to, only after some treatment a while back. Seems to me I've become more sensitive since! Its almost agony for a couple of days then settles down for a day or two before reappearing as PMS symptons, then nothing. Have been thoroughly checked out and all looks fine, think our bodies do change due to time and circumstance. I agree with Auntie & Suki, best to get checked out especially to ease your mind.x

Just adding from my previous post i had a d/c in april after having retained products since the mc in january which i was unaware of apart from the fact i was still bleeding up to 12wks after but i was told by the midwife it was normal but clearly it was'nt. Last month i ov cd15 then af got me cd25 but this month did'nt ov till cd 18 and if af gets me cd 25 it dosen't give me enough time. Today the pain has completely gone just like it did last month at this time. I am going to book in to see the doctor on monday and see what he says. Your advice is a great help and much appreciated.

Tweety, I would definitely consult with your doctor and put your concerns to her/him.

Have you tried Agnus Castus? It's a herbal remedy that's good for rebalancing hormones after an interruption/upset. I took it for a bit after coming off the mini pill to get things going again. You can take a few drops of tincture in a glass of water once a day, and hopefully it might be useful for you. You know your own body better than any doctor :)

I agree about the AC. I think its fantastic stuff.

Re: the Ov pains. Are you tracking ov by the pains themselves. I never got pain at ov, but always a few days later.

Can you buy the agnus castus at the pharmacy or is it only from the doctor? I am so very worried that some damage has been done from the m/c and d/c as this is'nt normal and as i am 39 and oh 47 times not on our side and am so very desperate we have been together 21 yrs and trying for our first. I used clear blue ovulation predictars and first month using them i felt my stomach cramp in the night then next morning i got a smilie but carried on cramping till 8dpo and it was very painful. This cycle has been exactly the same and it makes it so difficult to dtd as it hurts so much. Thanks guys for listening to me babbling on

You should be able to get AC from a pharmacy. Its also known as Vitex. You really need to see a Dr about the pain though hun. thats not normal.

I agree Mellybelle it's not normal to be getting this pain i am going to ring the doctors first thing monday.Thanks for your help if i had'nt asked i think i would probably have plodded along thinking it would get better but not sure it will.

I am 41 but I have gotten Ovulation pain since I am about 32 years old and people would call me crazy and say you can't feel ovulation, well i knew I wasn't NUTS, I felt the same pain at the same time every single month. Day 14 going into day 15. I get a dull ache and pain on my side that sometimes stays past the 24 hours sometimes it's 3 days/ Well after 3 sons now my SIL has apologized and said to me she now feels her ovulation also and can't believe she didn't believe me. I am NOT nuts I know what i feel :haha: now she feels it to so :tease::tease::tease::tease::tease::tease:

I get ovulation cramps the night before and day of O, never for more than 24 hours, and never agonising, just the odd uncomfortable "twinge" over that period, think I've always had this (though only really noticed it since we started TTC in earnest)

For sure you should see the doctor about this, maybe there is something fairly simple that could be easily fixed so don't suffer in silence.

My ovulation is pretty painful when I am on fertility meds about 2 days of pain that gets worse when I move. I figure its normal due to more then one egg being released. but the pain goes away after ovulation. If your having pain though the tww it could be due to a cyst.

I've made an appointment with the doctor but she carn't fit me in till wednesday as she is very busy so that means i have got to go 2 more days worrying and in pain. Its really not fair. moan moan moan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->