Ovulation Kits...

MsLynn225

Twin Angels*06.12.07*
Reaction score
I am thinking of going to the nearest drug store and pick up my very own Ovulation kits...

But, I don't know what kinda to buy, or what is a perferable label?

I do not like asking the people who work there cause they personally don't care what you buy.. Lol..

Please I am in need of majorrr HELP!! :)

Thank you!!!

:wacko:

Depends how much you wanna spend. I've heard that the clear blue digital fertility monitors are good, don't own one myself as they're so expensive, but are simple and easy to use. The sticks are pretty much the same I get mine off ebay as they're less expesive than buying from a shop. Try this website it's really helpful with all this sort of stuff https://www.peeonastick.com good luck

I have bought 2 boxes of Walgreens brand OPK kits. It comes with 20 or so sticks. You urinate in a cup (they provide), and then hold the stick in the urine for 10 to 15 seconds. You then wait 4 minutes for the result. I bought them mainly because they were fairly affordable. Last month using them, I received a positive OPK result on a 7am pee. This month, I received 2 positive OPK results, one was yesterday morning around 7am, and the 2nd positive result was yesterday afternoon, around 5pm. They seem to work fairly well, imo. They run in the price range of $16 to $19.

I have bought 2 boxes of Walgreens brand OPK kits. It comes with 20 or so sticks. You urinate in a cup (they provide), and then hold the stick in the urine for 10 to 15 seconds. You then wait 4 minutes for the result. I bought them mainly because they were fairly affordable. Last month using them, I received a positive OPK result on a 7am pee. This month, I received 2 positive OPK results, one was yesterday morning around 7am, and the 2nd positive result was yesterday afternoon, around 5pm. They seem to work fairly well, imo. They run in the price range of $16 to $19.

Oh Sweet, thank you...
and with that.. does that mean I will be fertile for the sperm... or.. ??
Will this tell me when i will be most ready to conceive?

Well Well...

I come home from the drug store about an hour or more ago....
Sit in that bathroom and Yepp... you guessed it ..Peed on that STICK!
and What does it show, two lines....

so woohoo.. Here it goes! The trip starts...
how exciting this will be, an early X-Mas gift for DH and Moi<3

Awesome, sounds like you found an OPK =D If you did buy the Walgreens brand, one thing to remember is that the test is only positive if the second line, the "test" line, is either as dark, or darker than the control line after 4 mins...

From what I understand, and believe me, I am no expert on this field, unlike many of the ladies on this board... I understand that when you get a positive result, you are having a high amount of lutenizing hormone (LH) in your system.. The purpose of LH is to tell your ovary to release the egg down for ovulation. From what I read, it can be like on average 12 to 48 hours from your surge to the point where that eggy is ready to meet the spermies. But also, the LH surge can last for hours, so there is a possibility you are catching the surge on the tailend, meaning better get busy, the sooner the better (as I interpret it). Also, remember the sperm can live inside you for potentially days, but it seems like at least many hours.

hey hunney!! good job on the Baby doing!:) how excepting!! congrats!
do you got baby belly pics:) what are your symtons like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->