Ovulation kits

queenieplum

Reaction score
Hi ladies, whats your opinions on the Clearblue digital kits? (I cant believe how expensive they are) has anyone found any others which are as good but a little cheaper?
Thanks QPx

I bought mine off eBay for half price, the boxes were banged up but expire in 2013 and work perfectly! I use internet strips (buy 50 for $18CAD also on eBay) starting about 4-5 days before my usual O, then when they start being darker, I start using the ClearBlue digital kit to confirm O. I've found this is the cheapest way to POAS :haha:

Thank you Junebug, I spent a small fortune in Boots last month! LOL

I did too (at Shopper's Drug Mart, our trusty Canadian Pharmacy) before I discovered you could buy all TTC'ing paraphenalia on eBay :haha:

I stick with the cheap ones on the internet and I really like them...trust me, I have peed on almost all of them! Lol

dmom I agree, they are very good! I was just worried they wouldn't be "reliable" so bought the ClearBlue as back-up. Now that I've tried both, I know I can rely on the IC ones, so when I run out of the ClearBlue I won't replenish my supply (bought 3 boxes and went through only 1 so far since June).

dmom I agree, they are very good! I was just worried they wouldn't be "reliable" so bought the ClearBlue as back-up. Now that I've tried both, I know I can rely on the IC ones, so when I run out of the ClearBlue I won't replenish my supply (bought 3 boxes and went through only 1 so far since June).

In all honesty, at this stage in the game, I know my system and I really could depend on temping and just one or two OPKs, but I cannot help myself! Lol

I have to say, sometimes that "MD" makes things more difficult. There are many cases where ignorance is bliss! :rofl:

Hi ladies, whats your opinions on the Clearblue digital kits? (I cant believe how expensive they are) has anyone found any others which are as good but a little cheaper?
Thanks QPx

Hi, I've just searched the forum for some advice on which ovulation kits to buy and have come across this thread - it's so confusing, there seems to be so much choice on offer and of course all claim to be the best ones. There's also an enormous difference in cost.
We've been trying for 7 months without using any kits but I feel if we're not successful this month it's now time to start.
If anyone can recommend which ones are best to buy (in the UK), that would be great.
Thanks ladies x

The IC dipstick ones work just fine for me, cost about £5 for 25, and I can merrily test away, I also have some midstream ones which are a bit more expensive which I use to test when I'm in the office.

I temp though, I think that gives a more exact confirmation than the sticks once O has actually occurred.

Have never used Clearblue digis, they are too expensive and not really necessary, I could probably forget about opks and just temp/BBT chart but I like having that extra element of clarity in there!

My two cents - this is just my experience and opinion, not recommendations as everyone's different and has different preferences!

I started with First Response sticks - but got a strong positive every day from very early in my cycle and for weeks thereafter. The sticks may have been defective, or someone else said the same thing happened to them possibly because the sticks are more sensitive than other brands.

Then I switched to the cheap/bulk sticks, I bought them off Amazon, I think you can also get them on ebay. They're the kind with no casing, just the testing strip. Personally I didn't like them, found them very inconvenient, and difficult to interpret.

Then I switched to Clearblue Digital, some bought for a small fortune at the pharmacy, and then much cheaper from Amazon. I love these, so easy to use and easy to read - love that smiley-face!

At that point I also bought a Clearblue Fertility Monitor and sticks, both again from Amazon, way cheaper than the pharmacy. I really like it, as it reads two levels in your pee (other sticks just read one, LH) so it tells you when you're building up to your surge, often days in advance, so you can get a head-start. It also gets to know your cycle after a few cycles, so attunes itself to your body. This is what I use regularly now, though if I have reasons to question a particular cycle I use this as well as the CB Digitial sticks - in my current cycle they disagreed as to what day my surge was, so who knows which was correct.

Enjoy the world of POAS and OPKs!

Thanks NorthStar and Cypress, it's great to get some advice.

Right, I'm going onto Amazon next to make my 1st purchase! I think I'm going to use Clearblue Digital on this occasion - I want to make certain I get a clear reading my 1st time. I'm so nervous I don't think I can handle it if they don't work or I can't read them clearly enough - they're such a few precious days aren't they!

Wish me luck, my entrance into the world of OPK's starts here!
Thanks again!

Fair enough, they will be easy to read, but do educate yourself on temping/BBT as this is a more exact method than just the opks alone, have a read through some of the threads and the fertility friend website, you will soon pick it up - good luck!

Fair enough, they will be easy to read, but do educate yourself on temping/BBT as this is a more exact method than just the opks alone, have a read through some of the threads and the fertility friend website, you will soon pick it up - good luck!

Thank you, I'm desperately trying to read up on everything and learn the best way to prepare and find the best methods. 'IF' we're not successful this month I hope to be more prepared for next month. I'm sure I'll be an expert soon!!

Thank you, I'm desperately trying to read up on everything and learn the best way to prepare and find the best methods. 'IF' we're not successful this month I hope to be more prepared for next month. I'm sure I'll be an expert soon!!

Yes you will learn, I got a book from Amazon called "Taking charge of your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. She does bang on a bit but it's pretty clear and will tell you in detail what you need to know, if you like some more indepth info.

Thanks NorthStar, I will indeed check that out - it'll be good to have all the info in one place to refer to. Thanks for the recommendation x

Soon you too will be like the rest of us and obsessed with EWCM:blush:

...and third nipples and an extra ear!! We were making up symptoms the other day dancingtree and decided that obvious unAF ones would be much better!!!

Just to stick my twopenneth in I use Tesco own OPK's more expensive than Northstar's and Cypress' IC's but they're about £8.25 for 8....

Good luck!!!:flower:xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"